• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady was set up to fail.

hepcat

18 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Joe wanted Teddy. He brought this on himself.

Teddy frankly made sense if Rhule wanted to get rid of Cam.   Teddy gets the O up and running in a COVID world.  Check.  Teddy was probably the only one who could do that. You then draft a kid to come in and take the job from Teddy and he has two years to take it from him. 

That's an actual plan. 

Rhule then scrapped the logical plan because Teddy hurt people's feelings with too much truth.  Teddy can still be meh QB and spot what a college coaching staff is doing wrong.  

Joe Brady didn't bring this on himself.  Rhule got rid of Teddy.  Rhule brought in Sam.  Rhule sent us backwards.  Joe Brady didn't do that.  Rhule is the one without a plan. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Joe wanted Teddy. He brought this on himself.

I get this to a certain extent. He needed someone who knew the offense in a covid year where players couldn’t meet until training camp. That’s difficult. What I don’t get is the price tag we paid Teddy and the years. That was crazy. 

• Pie 1

And also I said last year that if you draft a franchise qb and he doesn’t fit your offense then you fire the OC and bring in someone who is capable of designing the system to the guy you drafted. If Brady couldn’t do that then he needed to be gone. Teddy was always suppose to be a bridge for another drafted qb. They didn’t draft another qb and doubled down on Sam Darnold. The plan should’ve been to keep cam, draft a qb and bring in a vet like Teddy that could come in if cam couldn’t stay healthy (he ended up staying healthy in 2020)

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Tep gave rhule 7 years....thats 3 years to build and 5 to gain nfl experience. to learn and make mistakes.....so by year 6 we should be good. Blame whoever you want...

Rhule's contract says 7 years.  Lot of coaches have had contracts that said a whole bunch of years too.  But when you suck, you go. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule's contract says 7 years.  Lot of coaches have had contracts that said a whole bunch of years too.  But when you suck, you go. 

...only a lot of time will tell... i think rhule is a weasel but you really don't know what Tep will do.

Edited by Pimpdaddy

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And also I said last year that if you draft a franchise qb and he doesn’t fit your offense then you fire the OC and bring in someone who is capable of designing the system to the guy you drafted. If Brady couldn’t do that then he needed to be gone. Teddy was always suppose to be a bridge for another drafted qb. They didn’t draft another qb and doubled down on Sam Darnold. The plan should’ve been to keep cam, draft a qb and bring in a vet like Teddy that could come in if cam couldn’t stay healthy (he ended up staying healthy in 2020)

interesting.  I think Teddy was supposed to be a bridge as well.  But then Darnold became available and they thought he would be as good as any rookie they could get (and they get to keep their first rounder).  That's why they kept saying they consider Darnold a "rookie" even though he'd been around awhile.  Arguably they were right from a wins and losses standpoint as Darnold is (was?) 4-5 whereas Lawrence is 2-10, Wilson is 2-6, Lance is 0-1, and Fields is 2-6. 

Can't get behind keeping Cam though.  Not sure Teddy would come if Cam was still here and after the prior 3 seasons, there was serious doubt whether Cam would ever throw a ball more than 20 yds again.  Teams would stack the box and it would get ugly fast.

27 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...only a lot of time will tell... i think rhule is a weasel but you really don't know what Tep will do.

I think Tepper is focused on putting buuts in BOA stadium for not one but now TWO professional sports teams. 

Does Rhule look to help with that? Or does Rhule help set the narrative that Tepper is a bumbling sports owner.   There is a soccer crossever IMO.  And yeah, Tepper needs people to believe in him too to maximze the money for both teams. 

I won't pay a dime to go see Matt Rhule/Sam Darnold next season.   Nor will I pay to watch his soccer club.  Owner has to show more than Tepper is. 

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

If you screw up at work, is it because your boss hired you?

It can be. 

Take a simple reality called overpromotion.  Management can easily take a good hard working employee.....and create a bad employee.  For example, let's say you are a great salesman.   A great salesman can be overpromoted and into a job he isn't actually good at. 

Now, whose fault is that?