• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady was set up to fail.

hepcat

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Eh. Maybe. Doesn't change the results.

yes it does. he’s only been an NFL coach for one and a half seasons, and the first one had no offseason. what do you expect? even the great belicheat started with four losing seasons, and only had one winning season out of his first six. you want a true contender on the second year of a complete rebuild?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

15 hours ago, CRA said:

that’s not pulling the rug on Brady.  He was offered a NFL OC job.  Brady would do anything Rhule said.  He isn’t going to bark crazy demands at Rhule for the job he frankly wasn’t qualified for.  32 of these in the world.  

being an NFL OC was important to him.  He didn’t come here to coach Cam. 

I still think all signs point to Cam being a problem for Matt Rhule being able to come in here pretend to be a coach.  He doesn’t know what he is doing.  Cam would have been a problem.  Especially pre screwed/humbled Cam. 

I'm not saying it was soley Brady's decision, clearly not. But he wasn't some unwilling participant either. He was the offensive coordinator and picked his QB. He has to own that. You're implying that they just forced a rookie OC to replace the former MVP QB which would absolutely have been throwing him under the bus.

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

yes it does. he’s only been an NFL coach for one and a half seasons, and the first one had no offseason. what do you expect? even the great belicheat started with four losing seasons, and only had one winning season out of his first six. you want a true contender on the second year of a complete rebuild?

Yeah, I do. Or at least one who can make it look like there's some progress being made. Rhule just looks more and more and more out of his depth. He's the dog that finally caught the car... has no idea what to do with it.

Edit to add: Just watch Sunday, you'll see.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Flames 1

There are still people buying the “rebuild” stuff huh? 

• Flames 1

I don't want the team to give up halfway through games like they have this season. That garbage does not fly with the fans.

20 hours ago, BrianS said:

I agree with this.

Brady needed to go, he clearly wasn't the right guy.  That also doesn't invalidate the possibility that he was set up to fail.  A real conspiracy theorist might go "Brady was set up to fail so Rhule could claim that he should have appointed his own guy instead of looking for the best".  Effectively, it could have been Rhule saying "I know best".

So he chose to risk losing for a couple seasons and put himself possibly on the hot seat so he could prove a point about bringing in his own guys when he was clearly allowed to bring in his own guys of he chose to?  I believe everyone just got caught in the Brady hype when he was available and Rhule and Tepper wanted to win the sweepstakes and lept before they looked so to speak.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Tepper is focused on putting buuts in BOA stadium for not one but now TWO professional sports teams. 

Does Rhule look to help with that? Or does Rhule help set the narrative that Tepper is a bumbling sports owner.   There is a soccer crossever IMO.  And yeah, Tepper needs people to believe in him too to maximze the money for both teams. 

I won't pay a dime to go see Matt Rhule/Sam Darnold next season.   Nor will I pay to watch his soccer club.  Owner has to show more than Tepper is. 

Don't know about Rhule but I would be very shocked if Sam was starting at QB next season.  

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

That’s the thing they never treated it like a complete rebuild. See all the qb contracts they’ve done including trying to get Stafford, never from day one did they treat it like that. He’s a terrible nfl coach, he needs to go back to the kids league!

22 hours ago, Shocker said:

You want Joe Brady?  Granted he might be better in college but damn man,  he was terrible here.  

Yeah the style of offense he likes to run can dominate college for sure. And it’s easier to pull off with lesser talent at the college level.