• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deviation from the Original Plan.. Is the Reason for this Mess..

WOW!!

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, he isn't.  Because now he is tied to Matt Rhule.  And Matt Rhule isn't going to be successful. 

So I would imagine the next HC will want to actually rebuild this O the correct way.  Which means a young QB, not having the highest RB in the NFL, etc. 

First of all, there's 5 games left, and were in the thick of things in the NFC .. it's too early to say we won't make postseason especially with a healthy Cam - and if we make the postseason Rhule stays

Second of all, if we miss the postseason and Cam has about a 20/5 TD/INT ratio for the season and good Rating - a new HC would likely want to work with a relatively young Cam

You're nothing but wrong with that post.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, HammerinCameron said:

First of all, there's 5 games left, and were in the thick of things in the NFC .. it's too early to say we won't make postseason especially with a healthy Cam - and if we make the postseason Rhule stays

Second of all, if we miss the postseason and Cam has about a 20/5 TD/INT ratio for the season and good Rating - a new HC would likely want to work with a relatively young Cam

You're nothing but wrong with that post.

I mean the Lions could call them themselves in mix week 1 for a Super Bowl. The math was there.  Does that mean they actually were? 

we aren’t a post season team.  not with the remaining schedule.  Not with this OL.  No CMC.  And this coaching staff. 

and I am a Cam stan.  But no, Cam doesn’t make sense for a new HC post Rhule that is going to rebuild the O.   And as I said the day we drafted Cam and as I lobbied for Cam to be Cam…..he would never have the window a traditional pocket passer would have.  And an 11 year vet isn’t who you rebuild with. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean the Lions could call them themselves in mix week 1 for a Super Bowl. The math was there.  Does that mean they actually were? 

we aren’t a post season team.  not with the remaining schedule.  Not with this OL.  No CMC.  And this coaching staff. 

and I am a Cam stan.  But no, Cam doesn’t make sense for a new HC post Rhule that is going to rebuild the O.   And as I said the day we drafted Cam and as I lobbied for Cam to be Cam…..he would never have the window a traditional pocket passer would have.  And an 11 year vet isn’t who you rebuild with. 

You cite no CMC being a reason we won't make the postseason .. CMC is a RB .. nobodies can come off the street and be very productive backs. Not a big deal, CMC is hella overrated.

Our offense post-Bye is going to be a lot better.

Dolphins and Redskins are hottest teams in NFL .. our last two losses. We aren't as bad as last two games have shown.

And uhm Cam had a 125 rating the other week? Cam can be a pocket passer with the best of them

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, HammerinCameron said:

There's 5 games left and were in the thick of the playoff race, and are undefeated in our division and that will continue Sunday. Stop with the doom and gloom bullshit.

Cam had a rating of 125 for Carolina a couple weeks ago, in a Panthers uni - were going to get hot and Cam will save Rhule like he did Rivera.

We're making the playoffs.

If that happens I think NFL films will tell that story. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The whole idea of a "bridge" QB was a mistake.  Signing Bridgewater was one of the first mistakes Rhule made.  It just doesn't fit the rebuild at all.

The problem with this thinking is Cam wanted to be paid and at that point wasn't willing to be a bridge QB.. So that was a bad situation to be in from the get go..

• Pie 3

Teddy's a loser, or at the very least not a winner, and proved it last year. The team simply couldn't keep him because of how painfully obvious it became (and continues to be now in Denver); keeping him would have been a huge alarm to the team and indicator that they weren't truly looking to compete. That's ignoring that, rightly or wrongly, he came across as uncoachable and not a team player. Maybe Teddy was on to something regarding the staff but you can't have a guy like that at QB.

Where the big gaffe came in was compounding the mistake with Darnold.  As has been said a million times the proper play was to keep Cam in the first place.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, HammerinCameron said:

You cite no CMC being a reason we won't make the postseason .. CMC is a RB .. nobodies can come off the street and be very productive backs. Not a big deal, CMC is hella overrated.

Our offense post-Bye is going to be a lot better.

Dolphins and Redskins are hottest teams in NFL .. our last two losses. We aren't as bad as last two games have shown.

And uhm Cam had a 125 rating the other week? Cam can be a pocket passer with the best of them

Nobodies can come off the street and be inserted into good offenses.   With good OLs.   Or if you are playing against a bad opponent. 

CMC helps a QB deal with the fact we have a horrific OL.   Which is key when you are facing a good defenses.  Which 4 of the remaining 5 are. 

You can implement the Falcons game plan against the Falcons.  That’s it of what’s remaining.  Rest of the Ds are too good to pull that off with Hubbard and this OL

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, the rebuild talk was just to temper expectations and buy time. Everything we SAID indicated rebuild. Everything we DID indicated these guys thought they could produce a quick turnaround and compete. Now here we are with a cap situation that was setup to be really good looking mediocre at best with a draft class heavily hampered by trading away picks for players that clearly aren't doing much to help us right now.

Honestly, I think Rhule is just a snake oil salesman.

I think they wanted to compete while rebuilding. That's not a foreign notion. You improve year by year. They've become impatient probably because of feeling Tepper's pressure.

• Beer 1

Look at the Hornets.. They let there star player go (Kemba) got surprise false success from Devante Graham.. Didn't sign him to a cap killing deal or go crazy in FA other then (Hayward).. Didn't let Devante success stop them from drafting there future star (Lamelo) and now in great position still in a rebuild still having assets and still competing for playoffs.. Patience and MJ leaving ppl alone to do their jobs is the reason..

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think they wanted to compete while rebuilding. That's not a foreign notion. You improve year by year. They've become impatient probably because of feeling Tepper's pressure.

It's really hard to rebuild when you're trading future picks for players. You rebuild by accumulating draft capital, not trading it away.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Teddy's a loser, or at the very least not a winner, and proved it last year. The team simply couldn't keep him because of how painfully obvious it became (and continues to be now in Denver); keeping him would have been a huge alarm to the team and indicator that they weren't truly looking to compete. That's ignoring that, rightly or wrongly, he came across as uncoachable and not a team player. Maybe Teddy was on to something regarding the staff but you can't have a guy like that at QB.

Where the big gaffe came in was compounding the mistake with Darnold.  As has been said a million times the proper play was to keep Cam in the first place.

So what do you do?? No Teddy no Sam??

I'd rather had Teddy all our assets and a rookie QB waiting then the BS we got now...

We're back to square 1 again.. Praying Cam can carry bad coaching..

• Pie 2