• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Talk on Matt Rhule

Toker Smurf

On 12/8/2021 at 6:01 AM, saX man said:

LOL at Florio in this.  Florio: "I'm not saying Matt Rhule is a buffoon but...."

If Tepper wants high standards and better results, get rid of them all and bring in a seasoned coach.  They nailed the college vs. pro dynamic.  We've got a recruiter/talker/non-evolving program guy.  Not one that's attuned to scheming, evolving, and creating a dynamic system.

He is a buffoon 

…and a sketchy, little,  lying weasel 

why would any pro player want to play for this guy?   Chasing money, sure but if that player wants a ring, this isn’t the guy and the Panthers aren't the organization 

To me, it’s sadder than sad and come the last game of the season, he is gone and if I’m Tepper, I’m having discussions that result in the Jan 10 hiring if a new coach 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

He is a buffoon 

…and a sketchy, little,  lying weasel 

why would any pro player want to play for this guy?   Chasing money, sure but if that player wants a ring, this isn’t the guy and the Panthers aren't the organization 

To me, it’s sadder than sad and come the last game of the season, he is gone and if I’m Tepper, I’m having discussions that result in the Jan 10 hiring if a new coach 

I don't like to kick a guy when he's down but hot damn. 

The worst is when you can tell the disconnect/disinterest in the players with him.  He seems isolated from that player connection standpoint.  I'd love to get an opinion of Matt Paradis in particular (once he's gone & can be honest) as he's one of the only vets that came from a decent system in Denver.  Would love to ask how we were in practice/gameplanning vs. other staffs.  We all know Teddy alluded to it and it sounds like they truly are learning as they go/don't have the vet resources. 

Hell, he's gotten me to break my sax spiel and get all down in the ruts about this team.  We need something new and another season with him learning on the job could present even worse issues.  Reaching for the wrong QBs, misfiring on more coaches, etc.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'd love to get an opinion of Matt Paradis in particular (once he's gone & can be honest) as he's one of the only vets that came from a decent system in Denver.  Would love to ask how we were in practice/gameplanning vs. other staffs.  We all know Teddy alluded to it and it sounds like they truly are learning as they go/don't have the vet resources. 

Listening to Gilmore after the Atlanta game and realizing he had to tell Snow to put him one on one on Pitts was the moment I realized the coaching staff was in over their head. And then the refusal to use Gilmore to erase McLaurin until it's was too late only cemented it.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Rhule should have never been given full control from the start.  That is on Tepper.  Tepper has botched this whole thing from day 1.  He should have cleaned house day 1 and hired a competent team president.  One that shared his vision and let him hire the GM.  Then he should have stepped back and let those two hire the coach.

But nooooo...he and Hurney had to do it.  Dumbass.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Matt Rhules greatest sin and the one that will be his demise here is that he got out coached by the coach that he replaced. 

He was exposed in a way that is unforgivable as a coach. He did not prepare for or adjust to his opponents strategies after their last meeting.  He embarrassed his boss because of his ineptitude in leadership more than once this season. 

That in itself is almost impossible to overcome.  

Winter is coming. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s Twitter smoke but at least smoke but Rhule and Oregon has been gaining some talk.

I don’t buy any of this stuff.  Think this is all Matt Rhule’s people claiming their is interest  in Rhule.  

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Rhule should have never been given full control from the start.  That is on Tepper.  Tepper has botched this whole thing from day 1.  He should have cleaned house day 1 and hired a competent team president.  One that shared his vision and let him hire the GM.  Then he should have stepped back and let those two hire the coach.

But nooooo...he and Hurney had to do it.  Dumbass.

1637434563310.gif.9f50766c2ede5dc35d3e2455a51cd5d1.gif

• Pie 2

On 12/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, saX man said:

LOL at Florio in this.  Florio: "I'm not saying Matt Rhule is a buffoon but...."

If Tepper wants high standards and better results, get rid of them all and bring in a seasoned coach.  They nailed the college vs. pro dynamic.  We've got a recruiter/talker/non-evolving program guy.  Not one that's attuned to scheming, evolving, and creating a dynamic system.

“It’s a god father thing”

• Pie 1