• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Cunningham Released

shaq

Former Texans linebacker who used to be one of the more highly regarded linebackers in the league. He’s only 26 and would be cheap to claim if we could get him. We desperately need some depth at LB honestly could move Carter back to a backup role where he’s more suited.

Cunningham will go on waivers where teams, in order of worst record to best, will have the opportunity to claim him at the rate of his current contract; $900,000 for the remainder of the season. It is likely that he goes unclaimed and becomes an unrestricted free agent eligible to sign with any team he chooses. Houston is on the hook for a roughly $12.8 million salary cap hit next season as a result of the move.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-waive-zach-cunningham-a-year-after-signing-former-nfl-tackles-leader-to-lucrative-extension-per-report/amp/

If that were Rhule he would have talked about how great Cunningham is playing and how he’s really been stepping up to help the team in this tough situation only to cut his ass the next day.

Just two bad coaches coaching bad teams who probably should have never been hired as head coaches to begin with. 

Gotta love the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

My thought process every time I see one of these stories...

"Wow, a good player is available!" 😀

"Wait...why?" 🤔

Lately my thought process is...

"A potentially great player was troubled on a bad, rudderless team? If he comes to a tight ship like the Panthers I bet he'll have the chance to shine!" 😀

"Oh, wait." 😐