• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HiS aRmS aRe ToO SmAlL

janderson20vt

Just now, Martin said:

I know, new position every week. Just mind boggling. And what is up with his Daley fetish? Unbelievable.

And his “tough guy” Miller obsession. The week before without him was one of the best oline performances of the year and he’s immediately inserted back into the lineup and sucked.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Arm length:

- Rashawn Slater: 33 inches
- Penei Sewell: 33 1/4 inches
- Brady Christensen: 33 1/4 inches

I wish one of our ‘savvy’ beat reporters would bring this up to Rhule. I’d love to see his response.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

37 minutes ago, Zod said:

Arm length:

- Rashawn Slater: 33 inches
- Penei Sewell: 33 1/4 inches
- Brady Christensen: 33 1/4 inches

BC’s arms are 32.25, so he’s .75 inches shorter than Slater.  But he played well  enough as you could hope for when he was in, so I don’t care how short his arms are.  His athletic profile is as elite as they come and we won’t play him because his arms are too short.  Wtf…

Edited by PandaMan
  • Pie 3

Mike Singletary is a Hall of Fame MLB who played his entire career with the Bears. He grew up wanting to play for his favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys considered drafting him in 1981 but decided not to for one reason, Gil Brandt didn’t think he was tall enough.🙄.

Back in the day, Dallas built their teams based on their expectations of height, weight, and speed. The Cowboys wouldn’t draft a LB if he wasn’t 6 ft tall. Singeltary was 5ft 11 inches. 

Singletary lettered all four years at Baylor, a university in Texas. He was named All-America twice, and Southwest conference player of the year twice. His coach tried to convince Tom Landry to give him a shot but He and Brandt couldn’t get over the fact that he was 3/8 of an inch shorter than their ideal lb so they picked a guard named Howard Richards in the first round.  Then in rounds 4-5 they picked 3 LBs in a row. I was a Cowboy fan back then. All four of those guys were off the team by 1986, and none of the linebacker ever became a starter. But hey, at least all 3 linebackers were 6ft tall.😗

Analytics should help you make decisions like someone pointed out, but that shouldn’t be the deciding factor. You need to make your decision on one thing, CAN THIS DUDE PLAY FOOTBALL?

They Cowboys lost back to back NFC title games in 1981 and 1982 to eventual SB winners San Francisco and Washington. The run defense collapsed late in both games. You have to wonder if things may have been a bit different if they’d have had Hall of Fame MLB in those games.

We need to see if Christensen can play LT.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Fwiw they also moved Chinn to safety to “prolong his career” 

I can’t even remember last time he had an impact play. When he was one of the main reasons we were in games last year. 

this clown show needs to end.

It's so dumb, Chinn relegated to cleaning up Carters mistakes. Move Chinn up and give Robinson safety snaps instead of having him rot on the bench. 

• Pie 3