• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's Next HC: Get a Search Committee

saX man

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Got it!

The thought/belief that a guy like Tepper would abdicate his control position and leave the decision up to a "search committee"...

...is absurd.

He needs to because he’s dumb and has no idea what’s going on. He just has money that’s all, he shouldn’t never been given the team imo. That’s how bad Tepper is buddy, and u can shove the Appaloosa model u preach up your candy a$$.

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Got it!

The thought/belief that a guy like Tepper would abdicate his control position and leave the decision up to a "search committee"...

...is absurd.

Gotcha. My point was that the results to date and fact that this is even a conversation at this point indicates that his approach failed and something new is needed.

With that said I agree that he wouldn't give complete control, and I'm somewhat OK with that. He would, however, hopefully accept the counsel of some proven NFL folks and let that play a key role in the overall process. Whatever he's currently doing, be it a lot or a little, sure isn't working out on the field.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Got it!

...is absurd.

Not the typical procedure in the NFL.  He's not abdicating control.  He hires them for their professional intel that is compiled and presented as the pool gets smaller and smaller.  They present findings and recommendations through the process but it's still his power, his choice. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, saX man said:

Not the typical procedure in the NFL.  He's not abdicating control.  He hires them for their professional intel that is compiled and presented as the pool gets smaller and smaller.  They present findings and recommendations through the process but it's still his power, his choice. 

What you're describing is the business owner retaining a professional headhunter/firm for the sake of sourcing/vetting candidates.

Possibly I'm mistaken but the OP is suggesting a "search committee" should be given full control over the decision with no input from Tepper...

...two completely different things.

EDIT:  I see you are the original poster, my bad!  Your realtor analogy is a good one, maybe Tepper will employ a search firm if he replaces Rhule.  I misunderstood your original premise...thought you were suggesting he should be completely removed from the process.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What you're describing is the business owner retaining a professional headhunter/firm for the sake of sourcing/vetting candidates.

Possibly I'm mistaken but the OP is suggesting a "search committee" should be given full control over the decision with no input from Tepper...

...two completely different things.

Well that's your assumption and manner of breaking it down.  I'm suggesting getting a search firm that is comprised of ex-execs (there's a few in the NFL ranks), which is the most common term they're given.  Hope that clears it up.  The man paying them still makes the decisions, he doesn't contractually give them away.  

Search firm, advisory group, call it what you may.  The premise is I'd like Tepper to add resources to the hunt and not do it in the vacuum of thinking he knows what to ask and how to find the right guy.  Pretty clear.

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 1