• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

latest 2022 mock draft

BlitzMonster

I'd definitely have mixed feelings about a pick like this.

On one hand it would be awesome to get a stud QB prospect like Pickett.  He's really played lights out this season.

On the other hand whoever we have at QB will be behind that Frankenstein's monster of an OL we've built.  So that would likely guarantee continued floundering at the QB position as he runs for his life on at least 1/2 of the plays.

Maybe you take the QB, sit him for the year and draft up a top LT the following season.  That would be smart but it sucks to wait another whole year.   And I don't have much confidence that the Panthers organization / Rhule has the patience to make the smart, long-term decision over the stupid quick fix.  

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

it would be incredible to snag a franchise QB at 10 in this draft. Just haven't watched any of this dude this year.. Will def be watching at the combine. He's got the size for sure

Pickett reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones.  Don't know if thats a good or bad thing, as Jones definitely has some talent and his situation might just suck in NY....BUT if I was running things I would go heavy O-Line in this draft, and try to get my QB next year when much better options are going to be available. 

Also, on the O-Line front, at LT both Cam Robinson and Terron Armstead could both be available.  Either would be great to pair up with Moton.  Still need at least 1 G and probably a C too though. 

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’ll say this - after watching film of Pickett-dude is a beast.  Reminds me a lot of Joe Burrow 

Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh

Kenny Pickett‘s rapid ascension isn’t quite done yet. He’s dominating the action and is currently the top quarterback in our College QB Rankings. When it comes to NFL projection, however, he’ll have to weather the ever-important “hand measurement” during postseason All-Star and NFL Combine periods. If you look at his ability on the field, his hand size shouldn’t matter. He clearly hasn’t had any ball security issues and can spin the football with ease.

There are few that have his mileage, as the fifth-year player has gone the distance for Pittsburgh. Still, Pickett has continually developed over his five seasons and has capped it off with one of the better college football passing seasons we’ve seen in some time. His rise is certainly similar to that of Joe Burrow or Zach Wilson of the past two draft classes.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Lemory said:

If we go with Pickett over Oline or a trade back I may have an aneurysm. 

Do yourself a huge favor and just be at the hospital before the draft starts.

Finesser showed he liked to pile up picks. The only real way to do that is trade the 1st. He is friendly with teams that have multiple picks, sooo its like 50/50 he trades to pick. Trading falls off FAST after the beginning of the 4th....... currently that is the next pick after the 1st. So if he wants to add picks, hes got to move that 1st......unless he trades future picks....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

Mark my words - if Carolina passes up on Sam Howell it will be a grave mistake and they will be haunted by it for years. Especially when the Falcons or Saints pick him and he lights up the Panthers twice a year and Pickett is out of the league in 2 years. Pickett fuging blows. 

I have zero faith in Rhule and company pertainingg to the 2022 NFL Draft. It would not surprise me if we trade out of our number 1 draft position, passing up on a blue chipper to obtain more choices and screw up on every one of the picks we gained.

Edited by KatsAzz

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Mark my words - if Carolina passes up on Sam Howell it will be a grave mistake and they will be haunted by it for years. Especially when the Falcons or Saints pick him and he lights up the Panthers twice a year and Pickett is out of the league in 2 years. Pickett fuging blows. 

I know very little about Kenny Pickett, so what would be your knock on him as an NFL QB?