• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

latest 2022 mock draft

BlitzMonster

4 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Pittsburgh and Washington both took QBs, maybe we could work a trade back with them

Maybe, but to be fair the quarterbacks these mocks have them taking are expected to fall to their spot anyway.

Probably only happens if they want someone they think will go higher or someone else takes a quarterback early and they panic.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Pickett is a 5th year player so he's very experienced.  Threw for 4300 yards and 42 TD this season.  Has resurrected the previously dormant Pitt program with his excellent play this year.   Pitt won the ACC title in 2021 with an 11-2 record.  He is universally well regarded in the media with ACC Player of the Year, Johnny Unitas award and is currently in the discussion for the Heisman trophy.  

That's a pretty solid record.  Add to that his pro-ready size (6' 3", 220 lbs).

I could think of a lot worse QB prospects for Carolina.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 8

55 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Mark my words - if Carolina passes up on Sam Howell it will be a grave mistake and they will be haunted by it for years. Especially when the Falcons or Saints pick him and he lights up the Panthers twice a year and Pickett is out of the league in 2 years. Pickett fuging blows. 

He’s going to the Steelers 

• Pie 1

I could get behind it.

I dont know that I like him more as a prospect than Justin Fields last year but I think I like him more or about the same as Mac Jones. 

Biggest issue with these 5 year guys is that they may be as close to their ceiling as they're gonna get. Can you win with them? Absolutely. Is it always better to take the younger guy you can mold? Maybe not. You'd have to trust our evaluation and coaching staff. Not sure I'm fully confident in that aspect of our team as of right now.

Pretty wild Pickett and Mac are only a year younger than Darnold and Burrow 

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Pickett reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones.  Don't know if thats a good or bad thing, as Jones definitely has some talent and his situation might just suck in NY....BUT if I was running things I would go heavy O-Line in this draft, and try to get my QB next year when much better options are going to be available. 

Also, on the O-Line front, at LT both Cam Robinson and Terron Armstead could both be available.  Either would be great to pair up with Moton.  Still need at least 1 G and probably a C too though. 

And since we’re playing the AFC North and NFC West next year we’ll be in a better draft position to get that QB.