• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

Who was going all in on Darnold and extend him, Fitts or Rhule? Also who selected CB in the top 10 when we have no line or QB? I think those were both Rhule (honestly not 100% sure). The only thing Fitts really did wrong is overpay Erving and Elf, who are actually two of our better OL (as sad as that is) when they are healthy.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If a guy is taking a job as a GM while deferring final say to a guy coming from Temple and Baylor, he ain't worth hiring. A good candidate isn't taking that deal.

I think Rhule was already hired with roster control. So basically anyone we hire wouldn’t be worth it? I’m sure he got a nice pay raise and position title. 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Scott Fitterer is our saving grace for getting picks back. The man was a tactician in the draft. Im not ready to show him the door. I'd like to see him a year without Rhule telling him what to trade and who to sign.

This has proven to be a pathetic draft class for us. 

-Jaycee Horn looked great those first games. So did the rest of the team. Injury took him out. We never got to see him against actual competition.

-Terrace Marshall, Jr. Had some injury time off, but was basically outperformed on the field by Zylstra. The guy is like our #5 receiver on the field.

-Brady Christensen Apparently a third stringer since he only sees the field after numerous injuries and is rarely in his normal LT position (even when there's a need).

-Chuba Hubbard: Good back-up to CMC, which is a necessity. Has hands of stone, though. Stick 'em is outlawed, so what are we gonna do? Thank goodness for Abdullah being available, huh?

Daviyon Nixon: He's been on the field. Not much of a run stopper. Not much of a pass rusher. Might be able to spell some other players in rotation.

Keith Taylor: Well, there's a CB, again. We have like 19 of them or something. 

Deonte Brown: Went to IR for weight issues I guess. Plays on national championship team as a starter. Never sees a regular season snap on a line in desperate need of players.

Shi Smith: Training camp hero, scrappy underdog. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if asked, where is he? I've seen the redheaded trainer on the field more than him this year.

Thomas Fletcher: We drafted a long snapper, then Nancy Kerriganed him to send him to the IR because we thought 84-year old JJ Jansen was a better choice (okay, JJ rocks, but still).

Phil Hoskins: He saw the field, I know he did, right. Made a bit of an impact, showed some promise. Did he go to IR or did he just get benched for another Temple dude?

Ad we've traded away our second and third round draft picks next year for Sam Darnold and CJ Henderson. Those haven't aged well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If a guy is taking a job as a GM while deferring final say to a guy coming from Temple and Baylor, he ain't worth hiring. A good candidate isn't taking that deal.

I don't understand what fuging planet you're from but most if not All coaches get final say..

Parcell said it years ago .. 

"Why be the chef  if you can't shop for the groceries "

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Like I keep saying... whoever thought signing Pat Eflein and Cam Erving to 3 year deals on the first day of free agency needs to go. Also, it's not good if the GM allowed something that obviously atrocious to happen. I would be like "Mr. Rhule in what way, shape or form are these players even back ups"... "What tape has ever shown that they are worth being on an NFL roster"?

Agreed, Fitterer isn't blameless in all this.  Does his part rise to the level of termination?  I have no idea, but I wouldn't be in a rush to keep him at this point.

I certainly wouldn't be leaving it to Fitterer to choose the Panthers next HC. 

Bring in some outside consultant(s) with extensive success running an NFL franchise.  Target recognized top tier NFL coaches this time.  Amateur hour is over.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

This has proven to be a pathetic draft class for us. 

-Jaycee Horn looked great those first games. So did the rest of the team. Injury took him out. We never got to see him against actual competition.

-Terrace Marshall, Jr. Had some injury time off, but was basically outperformed on the field by Zylstra. The guy is like our #5 receiver on the field.

-Brady Christensen Apparently a third stringer since he only sees the field after numerous injuries and is rarely in his normal LT position (even when there's a need).

-Chuba Hubbard: Good back-up to CMC, which is a necessity. Has hands of stone, though. Stick 'em is outlawed, so what are we gonna do? Thank goodness for Abdullah being available, huh?

Daviyon Nixon: He's been on the field. Not much of a run stopper. Not much of a pass rusher. Might be able to spell some other players in rotation.

Keith Taylor: Well, there's a CB, again. We have like 19 of them or something. 

Deonte Brown: Went to IR for weight issues I guess. Plays on national championship team as a starter. Never sees a regular season snap on a line in desperate need of players.

Shi Smith: Training camp hero, scrappy underdog. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if asked, where is he? I've seen the redheaded trainer on the field more than him this year.

Thomas Fletcher: We drafted a long snapper, then Nancy Kerriganed him to send him to the IR because we thought 84-year old JJ Jansen was a better choice (okay, JJ rocks, but still).

Phil Hoskins: He saw the field, I know he did, right. Made a bit of an impact, showed some promise. Did he go to IR or did he just get benched for another Temple dude?

Ad we've traded away our second and third round draft picks next year for Sam Darnold and CJ Henderson. Those haven't aged well.

Can't judge a class until 3 years right?? And you forgot Tremble as well in your drawn out breakdown..