• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Personally I think the exact opposite. Fitterer is the lone bright spot in the front office/coaching staff. Honestly I wanna see what kinda coach he’s going to hire once Rhule is inevitably let go soon. 

I think most of here thought the roster was good enough to be .500 and that is the reason for the anger.. If you thought the roster sucked from the get go.. Why the fug are you making threads in game 12 talking about who to blame when you didn't expect them to be good in the 1st place..

• Pie 1

Just now, Toomers said:

If Colbert picks the players, how does Tomlin have final roster say in any way. And when did Tomlin receive this control? The owner made the call on Ben. Just as Tepper, or any owner would have to on a situation involving a franchise QB. Anymore crap that is not true you want to throw at the wall? 

He picks who plays right??  Do you think Colbert doesn't talk to Tomlin during the offseason and Tolmin has nothing to do until training camp??

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Some one say receipts??

You knew what could go wrong but you still thought the roster was good enough to be a .500 team?? Who fault is that GM or Coaching??

Actually, sure looks like I nailed it on the "What I fear" thing. Or got closer than most. Hate that the other predictions weren't right. But I'm generally too optimistic. It's a failing of mine.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not. And I'm sure as hell not ready to trust an entire power structure built by the least intelligent football mind in the room.

Fitterer is a draft guy. Morgan is a pro player guy. I want to see what those guys can do with an offseason where they don't have a college coach in charge of setting the menu and making the final roster decisions.

Well said!

I don’t know why this is so hard for people to comprehend. Let the front office personnel do the job that theoretically they were hired to do. That starts with allowing them to pick their staff.

Everything about this organization is backwards. From hiring practices to emphasis on one player position over another. It’s honestly a joke.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dude wants "receipts" when I've been saying we're fuged this year from the moment we traded for Darnold. 😂

I got them but one would think that one of the “homers” that railed on you for being negative(and a mod) would step up and save the time. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Actually, sure looks like I nailed it on the "What I fear" thing. Or got closer than most. Hate that the other predictions weren't right. But I'm generally too optimistic. It's a failing of mine.

Come on be real.. You thought the roster was good enough to be a .500 team... So you thought the GM for the most part put a okay team together for Rhule to coach.. Rhule just ficked it up..

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope you're right and we hang onto both of them and they build us into a powerhouse. Just right now I can't get past Fitterer thinking he and we had arrived after beating trash to get to 3-0. 

Morgan arrived too late in the offseason to have any significant impact on free agency, not that it might have mattered much with Mr. "I want versatility" in place.

Now I want to see what Fitterer and Morgan can do with the actual power to make the roster.

The main changes I want to see made are, obviously, coaching (preferably Nathaniel Hackett, maybe Brian Daboll if Morgan pushes for him), pruning any ody associated with Rhule from the team and procuring some additional front office types (Lake Dawson from Buffalo would be nice, Fitterer's old buddy Scot McCloughan if he can stay sober).

My one question is what to do with Pat Stewart. He's technically a Rhule guy but he does also have legit experience for his role.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Example.. Instead of going after a QB 2 years ago... Tomlin wants a Mlb.. Colbert trades up and gets him a Mlb..

Last year ..

Tomlin talks about having a strong run game and taking pressure off Big Ben.. They draft a 1st round RB...

Nothing saves a GM job more then drafting a New QB. And Pittsburgh had 2 chances to get one and they went with the HC (Tomlin) who still had faith in Ben and added more to his defensive philosophy.  

Pick another team.. 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

He picks who plays right??  Do you think Colbert doesn't talk to Tomlin during the offseason and Tolmin has nothing to do until training camp??

Of course he does. That’s not the issue. Although it’s easy to see why you want to get away from it. They can talk all day, every day. Colbert has final day on roster decisions. And so do over half the GMs in the NFL. Now it’s “he picks who plays”. That’s adorable deflection. 

So in your world, coaches hand GMs a list and tell them exactly who to pick. And if they refuse, they are gone? Priceless!!!

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I got them but one would think that one of the “homers” that railed on you for being negative(and a mod) would step up and save the time. 

Give me and example where Colbert went against Tomlin for a player.. I gave you 2 where Tomlin had final say..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Come on be real.. You thought the roster was good enough to be a .500 team... So you thought the GM for the most part put a okay team together for Rhule to coach.. Rhule just ficked it up..

I  went back and looked at that thread and funny, but you didn't hazard a guess back then. 

And yes, after week 3 and a 3-0 record I thought the GM had been decent and we'd have a .500 team. Guess what, we aren't a .500 team and the GM isn't even decent. 

So you are blaming me for not warning you the team would be this bad? I'm having a hard time figuring out where you are coming from, man. Good luck to you. Times are hard, this thing is just a little blip in the world. May we all see better days.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Example.. Instead of going after a QB 2 years ago... Tomlin wants a Mlb.. Colbert trades up and gets him a Mlb..

Last year ..

Tomlin talks about having a strong run game and taking pressure off Big Ben.. They draft a 1st round RB...

Where is this info coming from? Show your work. Let’s see this proof. And just because something is said by a coach or GM in public, doesn’t make it true. I would have thought Rhule disaster of a NFL career would have taught everyone at least that much. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Of course he does. That’s not the issue. Although it’s easy to see why you want to get away from it. They can talk all day, every day. Colbert has final day on roster decisions. And so do over half the GMs in the NFL. Now it’s “he picks who plays”. That’s adorable deflection. 

So in your world, coaches hand GMs a list and tell them exactly who to pick. And if they refuse, they are gone? Priceless!!!

Okay.. To end this..

Every coach has a Philosophy and scheme.. Example.. Pete in Seattle like long man cb.. So they draft long man CB..

Name me 1 GM'S philosophy and scheme ??