• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attended my first Panthers game in 4 years

Ja  Rhule

It's hard to be a big time city when you're not on the water, not in the mountains, lack national parks, don't have a real true college, are filled with transplants, are a banking city, are largely conservative, are in the Bible Belt, lack diversity and culture, are near lifeless, care about NASCAR, have no identity, have no signature "place" the rest of the nation has heard of, are timid, and have an inferiority complex.

Build all the luxury condos you want in Uptown, that brings nothing to the city other than rich white kids. I'd argue Charlotte in the 60s and 70s had more heart than it does now. It will always be mini Atlanta ... which says a lot because Atlanta sucks.

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's hard to be a big time city when you're not on the water, not in the mountains, lack national parks, don't have a real true college, are filled with transplants, are a banking city, are largely conservative, are in the Bible Belt, lack diversity and culture, are near lifeless, care about NASCAR, have no identity, have no signature "place" the rest of the nation has heard of, are timid, and have an inferiority complex.

Build all the luxury condos you want in Uptown, that brings nothing to the city other than rich white kids. I'd argue Charlotte in the 60s and 70s had more heart than it does now. It will always be mini Atlanta ... which says a lot because Atlanta sucks.

You do know why Charlotte Hornets called Hornets right?  Charlotte is well known of that.  

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

The worst fan atmosphere I have ever experienced.  No one cared.  Tepper has destroyed this fanbase.  People did not stand up to make noise on 3rd downs.  The Panthers have lost their identity.  No keep pounding chant  beside beginning of the game.  Awful experience.

What did you expect? The team is terrible. 

• Beer 1

Why would anyone care, the team sucks and is painful to watch.  Even in years when the Panthers have been competitive the home atmosphere hasn't been particularly intimidating for visitors.  The exception might be something like 2015 when we were just tearing the league a new ass and had a charismatic superstar at the most important position.

Like turn on your TV and look at the Bucs game.  That place is packed because the team is good, they just won a Lombardi, and they have the GOAT at QB.  This time two years ago you couldn't give away a fuging ticket to see the Bucs.

I was also there today for the first time in a few years, we get tickets from US Foods as a business owner.

I've been lucky enough to go to a bunch of venues over my 34 years of life and the concessions at BOA stadium are so unbelievably bad, it's almost as if Tepper is waiting to see what he is going to do with the area or build a new one.

Like how can food options be this bad at a professional area. The Panthers should be ashamed of themselves. Lambeau field, a much older facility, blows BOA out of the water. It's not even close. Nissan stadium in Nashville as well.

I vote for new stadium, even if they have to tear this one down and the Panthers play in Clemson for a few years. The atmosphere is very outdated, especially the concourse around the area. The in game entertainment sucks, its college level. There's nothing exciting about going anymore, only the product on the field. Shouldn't be that way. Kids are bored out of their minds.

I also agree with the poster above that its not a Charlotte problem - the Hornets fans have been rocking the area all year, and while their concessions are also sub par, it is 1000% better than BOA stadium. Like 10 times better. No exaggeration.

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

I live in rural south Georgia. 

But I've been nicer places than this. They all kinda start like Charlotte but then have a flow and sections that serve a purpose. 

Thus place is a hodge podge with tall buildings. 

Yeah, if all you saw is uptown I get it. Uptown is meant for work. Not so much entertainment. Covid really hurt it too.

Having said that, I’ve spent time in all major American cities and most ‘downtown’ areas are dumps now compared to CLT so I’ll take it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

I was also there today for the first time in a few years, we get tickets from US Foods as a business owner.

I've been lucky enough to go to a bunch of venues over my 34 years of life and the concessions at BOA stadium are so unbelievably bad, it's almost as if Tepper is waiting to see what he is going to do with the area or build a new one.

Like how can food options be this bad at a professional area. The Panthers should be ashamed of themselves. Lambeau field, a much older facility, blows BOA out of the water. It's not even close. Nissan stadium in Nashville as well.

I vote for new stadium, even if they have to tear this one down and the Panthers play in Clemson for a few years. The atmosphere is very outdated, especially the concourse around the area. The in game entertainment sucks, its college level. There's nothing exciting about going anymore, only the product on the field. Shouldn't be that way. Kids are bored out of their minds.

I also agree with the poster above that its not a Charlotte problem - the Hornets fans have been rocking the area all year, and while their concessions are also sub par, it is 1000% better than BOA stadium. Like 10 times better. No exaggeration.

Oh yea, the food was total garbage.  At least they offer liquor everywhere now and not only silver level.