• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aho & Jarvis: COVID Protocol

Anybodyhome

44 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Both were left in Vancouver. 

This team is in trouble if RBA can't put together 3 decent lines. I thought the team announced 100% vaccination, not that it's a bullet-proof vest, but that many breakthrough cases?

Anyone know how many guys have to go down before they can postpone games?

The team is 100% vaccination. Breakthroughs are going to happen and as often as they travel, it's hard to really tell how much contact they have with other people and things other people touch or handle. I'm of the mind that vaccination means lower viral load anyway, right? If so, just let them travel back to Raleigh and be at home for the rest of protocol. Really isn't much reason to keep them in Vancouver.

• Pie 1

No sugarcoating it, this sucks.

Lajoie is headed back to Chicago, Chatfield is staying up, we’re getting back Pesce and TDA, Martinook is hurt, and Aho and Jarvis are in the protocol…

I’m not entirely sure this game happens tomorrow…

And if it does, we’re going to have to get some help from Chicago… just my opinion but I’d go with…

Svech - Trocheck - Turbo

Lorentz - KK - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Smith - Poturalski - Stepan

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - TDA

Andersen

Raanta

Injured: Martinook

Scratched: Cole, Smith

Protocol: Aho, Jarvis

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

49 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lajoie is headed back to Chicago, Chatfield is staying up, we’re getting back Pesce and TDA, Martinook is hurt, and Aho and Jarvis are in the protocol…

And if it does, we’re going to have to get some help from Chicago… just my opinion but I’d go with…

Svech - Trocheck - Turbo

Lorentz - KK - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - TDA

Andersen

Raanta

I really wonder if we are going to even play tomorrow if the canes are still in Vancouver. 

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Geoff Ramsey Comedy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Reinforcements are on the way:

I’d imagine that if C.J. Smith isn’t called up that means that Marty may be ready to roll (or we plan on dressing 7 defenseman again).

Did Marty even travel? I have a feeling he probably won’t see him until January from what Rod said. I’m guessing we dress 7D again.

Perhaps Marty’s timetable is better than was led to believe though cause if it’s Canadian rules we may not see Aho and Jarvis until the 28th. If they just have to pass two negative tests then hopefully before Christmas but I doubt it. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 1

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Svech - Trocheck - Turbo

Lorentz - KK - Necas

Nino - Staal - Fast

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - TDA

Andersen

Raanta

My thought on this can Chatfield play as a lefty? 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

My thought on this can Chatfield play as a lefty? 

I feel like that’s the only reason you keep him up. He’s not slotting in for any of the guys on the right because they are simply put… much better.

Overall I still like Chatfield better than Smith and while Cole is better than Chatfield, he could use a break.

The only reason I’d think that you would keep him up is if he can play the right side, orrrr maybe they just want to make sure that TDA is 100% good to go.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Did Marty even travel? I have a feeling he probably won’t see him until January from what Rod said. I’m guessing we dress 7D again.

Perhaps Marty’s timetable is better than was led to believe though cause if it’s Canadian rules we may not see Aho and Jarvis until the 28th. If they just have to pass two negative tests then hopefully before Christmas but I doubt it. 

Think you’re right, no Marty.

At this point just play Smith at forward. I hate icing 11 forwards and rotating centers, it doesn’t allow for lines to get into a groove and it wears out players.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I feel like that’s the only reason you keep him up. He’s not slotting in for any of the guys on the right because they are simply put… much better.

Overall I still like Chatfield better than Smith and while Cole is better than Chatfield, he could use a break.

The only reason I’d think that you would keep him up is if he can play the right side, orrrr maybe they just want to make sure that TDA is 100% good to go.

Ya that’s my thinking rest Cole, put TDA as 7(O switch) and let Chatfield cover the right 3 with Smith. Rotate TDA, Bear and Chatfield basically with Slavin and Smith and put a heavy work load on D 2.  But the sustainability of that is gonna be the kicker. 

• Pie 1

No word if the canes are doing a morning skate either. And this season at least I feel like we match up way better when we do a morning skate. But this whole covid test thing has completely fugged us and you know the NHL doesn’t want to cancel one of their premiere games. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Cole & Smith have played left & right D and I expect that to be the deciding factor before putting Chats on the left side where he has no experience. 

Late news last night said Aho & Jarvis are in Vancouver for 10 days, likely to miss 6 games. I know this is a team effort, but it was painfully obvious who was out of the lineup against Vancouver. 

I don't do social media, but I'm sure there's more accurate and up to date info since 11PM last night.

• Pie 1