• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bringing Cam back

pantherclaw

Yeah I agree, just don’t see a happy ending though. I think Cam believes he’s a lot better than he is. He’s worn down, a shell of is younger self (yet still the best QB on the roster).

A new coach=new QB

Rhule= new QB

I don’t think Cam is going to go into that mentor role so easily.

Cam is doing the best he can at his advanced age with all his injuries coming into a new offense mid season and still putting up a few TDs a game. I’m proud of him and glad to see him on the Panthers again.

That said the Panthers desperately need to draft the future QB. It’s so painful they let Fields and Jones pass them by. Everyone should be fired for that. 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Cam is doing the best he can at his advanced age with all his injuries coming into a new offense mid season and still putting up a few TDs a game. I’m proud of him and glad to see him on the Panthers again.

That said the Panthers desperately need to draft the future QB. It’s so painful they let Fields and Jones pass them by. Everyone should be fired for that. 

I know Cam has had his struggles but I'd ride him one more season.  Get a full offseason and give him an offensive line. (Something that has been missing since Gross retired).   

You can either bring in some top tier free agents and draft the best QB available or draft a good LT and find a latter round QB that has potential.  

I would definitely run with him if we bring in new coach and a rookie QB.  Give the rookie a chance to learn the offense and be ready for 2023. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know Cam has had his struggles but I'd ride him one more season.  Get a full offseason and give him an offensive line. (Something that has been missing since Gross retired).   

You can either bring in some top tier free agents and draft the best QB available or draft a good LT and find a latter round QB that has potential.  

I would definitely run with him if we bring in new coach and a rookie QB.  Give the rookie a chance to learn the offense and be ready for 2023. 

This.  Fresh out of pie.

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

There's a lot of wisdom in this.

But it requires changing regimes. Cam has some limitations, but it isn't him that built this team or dumbed down the coaching/game planning to the point that it's no longer a professional team.

• Beer 1