• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade down or stay put?

Martin

Take Linderbaum. If the team can trade down a couple of spots while recouping a 2nd or 3rd and still land him, that'd be awesome.

This OL needs a center that can make the blocking adjustments necessary to keep the QB clean and improve the play of both guards. With the talent available, the only players worth taking instead of Linderbaum are Neal and Cross if they're believed to be LT1/OT2. I've seen a few different scouting reports call out Neal as a RT but if he looks like he can be an LT and is OL2 then I wouldn't be upset to see him drafted.

Edited by Icege

I didn't think we'd be picking this high, so I am kinda torn about trading down.  On one hand we could slide a few spots and still get our OL.  On the other hand if we stay where we are at, we can have our pick of OL and not have to settle on which on falls to us if we trade down.  I'm still tempted to stay put and get the pick of the litter.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Potential franchise QB

2. Potential franchise LT

3. TRADE DOWN

I'd still field calls if #1 isn't an option.

Sound logic ^

Any other positions are easier to find later in the draft or free agency.

Even if you want to give out a monster contract there is no guarntee there is a quality QB or LT available most years in free agency.

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Sound logic ^

Any other positions are easier to find later in the draft or free agency.

Even if you want to give out a monster contract there is no guarntee there is a quality QB or LT available most years in free agency.

Dwp being on your evaluation of Christensen at LT, I might even drop LT off the list. QB or trade down.

We might have tackles.

The gap between Linderbaum and the next best center in the draft is massive. The free agent options? Non-existent unless you're wanting to pay an old guy to be on a 1yr rental.

Stick Linderbaum in the middle, get Deonte Brown some reps on Sunday, and find an LG so that Erving nor Elflein ever see the field again.

Edited by Icege

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dwp being on your evaluation of Christensen at LT, I might even drop LT off the list. QB or trade down.

I'm just nervous that we are so use to terrible play at the LT position we might be getting excited over above average or average play.  Being an improvement over what we have had in the past really isn't saying much.

What is BC's ceiling at LT?  maybe its just average or above average.  What is his ceiling at guard?  Maybe its elite.  

Like you said we have to trust this staff to do an honest evaluation of it before the next draft.  This is part of the reason I wish he would have got more playing time throughout the year, would be easier to have an accurate evaluation of him.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for him to turn into a quality LT, that would open up a lot of options for us.