• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Bowl LB for a 5th Round Pick

shaq

7 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I'd be more upset with what we gave up for CJ henderson seeing as we could've just kept rasul douglas who is making some plays for the packers.

But who knows could payoff down the road i guess idk im just a simple fan, fanning

CJ has more upside. Douglas was still an unknown even after leaving Carolina because down the stretch he was getting beat quite often.

I’ll give Rhule’s staff credit for this. Douglas admitted in his presser that he didn’t get any coaching from the eagles and was very happy to receive some coaching in Carolina. Corner is not an issue for us (for once) we just need more beef on the line and edge and another LB and were set.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

CJ has more upside. Douglas was still an unknown even after leaving Carolina because down the stretch he was getting beat quite often.

I’ll give Rhule’s staff credit for this. Douglas admitted in his presser that he didn’t get any coaching from the eagles and was very happy to receive some coaching in Carolina. Corner is not an issue for us (for once) we just need more beef on the line and edge and another LB and were set.

Understood which is why i said it could pay off down the road. 

But keeping Douglas and draft capital as well as Dan Arnold maybe would've better suited us in the now. 

Maybe. I understand the reasoning for and against both the denzel and CJ transactions. 

• Beer 1

His success there is more a product of the fact that they are likely on the field a lot on defense. He's a LB'er making tackles, he's still average in coverage and is a two down guy. 

We're not missing out on anything special, he's a solid run stuffing guy. Carter showed enough while Perryman was hurt / unvaccinated to win the job.

It's odd people keep bringing him up like he'd make a huge difference here. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, shaq said:

We trade the league leader in tackles for a 5th rounder! Our linebacker corps is paper thin, I like Fritterer but this is just bad. Denzel is a real thumper he’s not a great coverage LB but he is a damn good run defender and doesn’t bounce off RB’s like Carter.

https://www.raiders.com/news/denzel-perryman-leading-afc-inside-linebackers-in-early-pro-bowl-voting-by-fans

He wasn't getting vaccinated when he was here, wasn't until he got cut and realized I'm not paying these fines that he decide to get it....

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a liability against the pass. He's good against the run and that racks up tackle numbers and Pro Bowl votes.

Given all the trading of draft picks for players I'm not mad. We had to do SOMETHING to get some draft capital back. How many wins do we have with Perryman on the roster? My guess is 5, so who cares?

It's worth noting that we didn't get a 5th for him, we got a 6th while also giving up a 7th. So really a negligible move up late in the draft.

• Flames 1