Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Game On Thursday Against Detroit


TheCandyMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So here’s how everything shaked out in the morning skate.

Nino - Trocheck - Necas

Turbo - KK - Fast

Poturalski - Stepan

Drury - Noesen

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Smith - TDA

Andersen

Raanta

Injured: Martinook, Chatfield

Covid: Aho, Svech, Jarvis, Staal, Lorentz, Cole

A lot of flexibility because a ton of those guys can play wing or center, have to think Nino, Necas, Turbo, and Fast will double shift, potentially KK as well.

Honestly I’d love to see the rooks pull the double shifts but that puts way more pressure on our D. Basically send them out every other shift with one of our core guys. I bet we run Stepan ragged tonight too. Honestly if covid flares up again I say don’t play but if we are all good on tests I’m really looking forward to seeing how our rooks can do when thrown into the fire. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd still like to know how the league is deciding what/when/how teams can postpone games. A couple games have been postponed and the teams have fewer guys in protocol than the Canes.

Are the teams opting out of the games or is the league dictating this, because it sure looks pretty haphazard at this point. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'd still like to know how the league is deciding what/when/how teams can postpone games. A couple games have been postponed and the teams have fewer guys in protocol than the Canes.

Are the teams opting out of the games or is the league dictating this, because it sure looks pretty haphazard at this point. 

I really do wonder if Rod isn’t like fug it let’s play.
 

But that part aside, it appears it’s being dictated more by country(or even contact tracing to country). As realistically the flames can’t play until the 29-31st according to Canadian rules.
 

Where as down here they’ve already forced teams to play with a large amount of call ups or short rosters. It appears the max they are willing to give American teams is 2-3 games off. 3 at the very maximum. I think we hit it at the worst part too, they don’t want to reschedule anything because they are worried a lot of people are going to be going to China. Which if even a handful of players have any positive test will fug everything up. 
 

So now we are kinda in a hole. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'd still like to know how the league is deciding what/when/how teams can postpone games. A couple games have been postponed and the teams have fewer guys in protocol than the Canes.

Are the teams opting out of the games or is the league dictating this, because it sure looks pretty haphazard at this point. 

Yes, the NHL is all over the place with postponement decisions and the ones they have made have no rhyme or reason.  The Canes having to play with so many starters down and being a fully vaccinated team just seems wrong. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I really do wonder if Rod isn’t like fug it let’s play.
 

But that part aside, it appears it’s being dictated more by country(or even contact tracing to country). As realistically the flames can’t play until the 29-31st according to Canadian rules.
 

Where as down here they’ve already forced teams to play with a large amount of call ups or short rosters. It appears the max they are willing to give American teams is 2-3 games off. 3 at the very maximum. I think we hit it at the worst part too, they don’t want to reschedule anything because they are worried a lot of people are going to be going to China. Which if even a handful of players have any positive test will fug everything up. 
 

So now we are kinda in a hole. 

Yeah, what the NHL did so well during 2020 leading the way for how to handle the pandemic in sports is now becoming a poo show in the US.  Maybe that ESPN contract and the $$$ involved is driving this?

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah, what the NHL did so well during 2020 leading the way for how to handle the pandemic in sports is now becoming a poo show in the US.  Maybe that ESPN contract and the $$$ involved is driving this?

That’s my guess, that and venue revenue. The NHL really wants to get the cap up but they can’t do that until the billion+ dollar revenue “loan” is paid off. Which is fugging ridiculous in my opinion but that’s a whole other story.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So here’s how everything shaked out in the morning skate.

Nino - Trocheck - Necas

Turbo - KK - Fast

Poturalski - Stepan

Drury - Noesen

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Smith - TDA

Andersen

Raanta

Injured: Martinook, Chatfield

Covid: Aho, Svech, Jarvis, Staal, Lorentz, Cole

A lot of flexibility because a ton of those guys can play wing or center, have to think Nino, Necas, Turbo, and Fast will double shift, potentially KK as well.

So, 2 offensive lines and 5 defensive?

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Why not go 2 forwards and 3 D on certain shifts? Everybody will be gassed halfway through the third.

Nah, gotta go basically a football DL rotation, where think the D is the LB core. So we rotate either the rooks or one pro with two rooks. Keep D1 and D2 on the once for double shifts. Play one rooks + Necas let’s say and then rotate to D3 and three NHLers. Rinse and repeat with the next pairing. It only really adds an extra workload for 2-3 forwards and one defensive line. 
 

Id agree if we had Chatfield and or Cole but it’s simply not possible like you said unless we want a few players hitting 35+ minutes of ice time. This is where I trust Rod as an actual coach. His lines are always impeccable, even if they don’t work. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Telling everyone right now that you will be impressed with Jack.

He may not be as noticeable offensively as Jarvis quite yet but his overall impact will be more noticeable. He plays a lot like his uncle Chris and is the perfect RBA player. Remember, he’s been playing against grown men for a few years now so don’t be surprised if he fits right in.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...