• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Urban Meyer Fired

Proudiddy

8 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule all wanted overriding power in decision making. You can do that in college but not in the NFL. 

This is the part that gets me. How the hell do you give that kind of control to a coach with Matt Rhule's resumé?

The guy hasn't even been part of a true major college program, but you hand him the keys to an NFL organization? Unbelievable!

I realize Tepper probably doesn't get Rhule if he doesn't concede on this point, but knowing what we know now I would have been damn well fine with that 😖

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I appreciate your willingness to be this board's Jimmy Clausen.

Clausen -- a respectful, well-mannered and intelligent gentleman....thanks for the compliment. 🤙

So what's the expected time frame for you to jack up 80 no-opinion posts...1 day?

Less?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, outlaw4 said:

So it was not inappropriate contact with a woman but a man that got Meyer fired. I did not see that coming.

Gruden was fired for inappropriate, hateful emails.

Meanwhile Watson is being paid $30 million to do nothing with 21 pending sexual assault cases.

If you can’t see the logic here, that’s on you 

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

90% of coaching hires in the NFL end up failures.  That number probably increases to 98% when it comes to college coaches with little or no NFL experience.  In fact, the only truly successful one (winning Superbowls) I remember is Jimmy Johnson. 

Pete Carroll and technically Barry Switzer. I say technically because Barry won with Jimmy's team in Dallas.

30 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Pete Carroll and technically Barry Switzer. I say technically because Barry won with Jimmy's team in Dallas.

Pete has done well with the Seahawks, but some may have forgotten he was fired twice as an NFL head coach prior to his time in Seattle.  His first time as HC for the Jets only lasted one season.  Also Pete had 15 years of experience in the NFL prior to finally getting it right in Seattle.  An NFL novice he was not.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

24 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Pete Carroll was a head coach in the NFL before being a college coach. He  was an NFL coach for the Jets (yes, only 1 season) and the Patriots. Was also a Defensive Cooridator between those two jobs.  To me that’s not the same as college coach with no NFL HC experience.  

Eventhough he wasn’t very successful his first two times as an NFL coach he had experience and obviously learned from that as demonstrated by his time in Seattle.  I’d be more open to a college coach if they had the kind of background Pete Carrol did.  Again, not the same to me as college coach with no NFL HC experience. 

• Pie 3