• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Charles Cross declared for the draft

Martin

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we're gonna fire Rhule and get a real NFL coaching staff and commit to building an NFL caliber OL, I'd LOVE to have Howell. If not, I hope for his sake he lands elsewhere.

But half the fun will be Rhule picking Howell and ruining his career so non-UNC fans can point and laugh.😉

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Howell at pick 6.  fug that.   My god people he would be ruined in 3 years.   Pick a damn beast at tackle.    But you know this franchise is going to fug up our top 10 pick……..again.  

Yeah, it would most likely be a huge mistake to take Howell or any QB for that matter that high. But, this is the Panthers and making the wrong pick has become the norm the last few years.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

I feel Howell could be the pick for the Panthers, especially if another QB or two gets selected before they pick. Tepper and Co know the UNC fans will buy tickets and merch to support one of their guys.

Ah yes, pick the 'butts in seats' choice and not the logical choice.  This is the same mentality that got exactly where we are today.  News flash, winning puts butts in seats and losing cures nothing no matter who the 'face of the franchise' is.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the logical choice if we seem him to be a franchise QB prospect. The next steps to that logical choice would be to focus on building an OL and make sure we have a bridge vet QB option on the roster. Sadly, that's probably Darnold given his contract situation.

I seriously doubt we view him as a franchise qb worthy of a top 6-8 pick.  He is rountinely going as the 4rth, 5thish qb in most mocks and the experts have him rated pretty much the same.   He is talented just probably not all world top 5ish overall pick.    

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I seriously doubt we view him as a franchise qb worthy of a top 6-8 pick.  He is rountinely going as the 4rth, 5thish qb in most mocks and the experts have him rated pretty much the same.   He is talented just probably not all world top 5ish overall pick.    

A lot of folks have decency bias watching him play behind a trash OL with one WR. They'll go back and watch the last two seasons as well.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Coaching/Schemes can really help OL. It how the Pats develop solid lines with late round picks. It’s why we need a new coach and scheme…

We Hurney'd it. We paid trashy players as if they were decent evidently thinking that it would actually make them decent.

As for the Heels, not having two NFL caliber RBs exposed the weaknesses of the OL. They weren't that good last year, those RBs were. Then we could use the threat of play action to help them pass protect. This year, Sam Howell has had to play like Cam Newton because it's the only way we can move the ball. That and throwing to Josh Downs.