• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Charles Cross declared for the draft

Martin

10 hours ago, KDawg004 said:

For all that is holy. Don’t get desperate and trade down to recoup the picks you gave up. Bite the bullet and finally draft our franchise LT (Cross). Enough with this foolishness. 

Preach brother preach.  Don’t make a bad move to try and negate the first bad move.   

I have some time at lunch and I am going to do a deep dive on cross.   Can’t wait to see the aggressiveness 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, KDawg004 said:

For all that is holy. Don’t get desperate and trade down to recoup the picks you gave up. Bite the bullet and finally draft our franchise LT (Cross). Enough with this foolishness. 

Brother right now I believe its 60/40 they trade the pick, so prepare thy-self.....

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Preach brother preach.  Don’t make a bad move to try and negate the first bad move.   

I have some time at lunch and I am going to do a deep dive on cross.   Can’t wait to see the aggressiveness 

Right now I got him form 3-15th.....just after getting my hopes ruin my this team&draft......I dont what to get super hyped for a player again.....sewell going one pick before panthers AND the year before the best young QB being one pick away......eternal pain. I

think panthers will pick 6th or 7th, Cross&Neal could *VERY* easily go just before the panthers pick, just like the last couple years... I would not feel this way if the QB was just decent, so that leaves DL and OL as the best of this years pool. 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, jayboogieman said:

But half the fun will be Rhule picking Howell and ruining his career so non-UNC fans can point and laugh.😉

Once you step into the league, IDGAF where you went to school. I will root against you based on NFL poo. Like, are you a Pat? Are you a Taint? Are you a Buc? Are you a Falcunt?

Howell might be success at the NFL level or he might not. His career didn't progress the way I thought it might, so he is a project in my mind. If he ends up in a good spot with competent development, he could be a good starter in the NFL. If he doesn't, probably just another backup QB with a short NFL career. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Once you step into the league, IDGAF where you went to school. I will root against you based on NFL poo. Like, are you a Pat? Are you a Taint? Are you a Buc? Are you a Falcunt?

Howell might be success at the NFL level or he might not. His career didn't progress the way I thought it might, so he is a project in my mind. If he ends up in a good spot with competent development, he could be a good starter in the NFL. If he doesn't, probably just another backup QB with a short NFL career. 

What happened with Howell this year? I remember people saying this dude was a #1 lock after last year. The team around him apparently sucked really bad. Did he just not show any progression from last year?

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Same.

I think Howell has what it takes to succeed in the NFL, unless he goes to a team with Panthers level coaching and Oline.

43 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

What happened with Howell this year? I remember people saying this dude was a #1 lock after last year. The team around him apparently sucked really bad. Did he just not show any progression from last year?

The team really sucked. The O-line looked Panthers level bad at times, he only had one receiver worth a poo, not much of a running game, a hit or miss TE, and the defense was bad. On the plus side, Howell proved he could run.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The team really sucked. The O-line looked Panthers level bad at times, he only had one receiver worth a poo, not much of a running game, a hit or miss TE, and the defense was bad. On the plus side, Howell proved he could run.

Ok so ppl are down on him because he didn’t elevate the team around him?

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

The team around him was bad but he also didn't improve some of the issues he has had his entire career. 

A lot of those "Number 1 lock!" sort of articles and mocks were based on not having done much of a deep dive. After all, the other guy they listed in that group(Spencer Rattler) lost his job entirely during the season.

34 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Ok so ppl are down on him because he didn’t elevate the team around him?

Without his weapons a lot of his flaws were exposed.  Once he went through his first read he got happy feet and just panicked.  His evaluation from teams and scouts will be interesting because their is talent there.  His measurables may knock him back a bit.  

44 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Same.

I think Howell has what it takes to succeed in the NFL, unless he goes to a team with Panthers level coaching and Oline.

I don't think I see a lot of elite NFL traits, so the odds of him being an NFL elite QB are probably a little long, but he has enough skill to be a long term NFL starter. That is gonna take more development than he got at UNC and better development than a typical dumpster fire franchise is likely to provide.

If anything, if he does indeed drop down the draft board(still TBD) that could be quite good for his overall career. He could get on a franchise that doesn't throw him to the wolves and hope it works out. Ideally he ends up behind a veteran starter to develop for a season or two. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Without his weapons a lot of his flaws were exposed.  Once he went through his first read he got happy feet and just panicked.  His evaluation from teams and scouts will be interesting because their is talent there.  His measurables may knock him back a bit.  

Yeah everything I’ve watched from him this year, if his first read wasn’t there he’d take off and run. That may have a lot to do with the oline being terrible. He is more athletic then I thought though. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The team around him was bad but he also didn't improve some of the issues he has had his entire career. 

A lot of those "Number 1 lock!" sort of articles and mocks were based on not having done much of a deep dive. After all, the other guy they listed in that group(Spencer Rattler) lost his job entirely during the season.

Yeah but even ppl who weren’t #1 lock ppl are really down on him. I don’t trust this staff with qbs. Ideally if this staff gets another year I’d rather they just throw picks at the line,  get fired, new staff comes in to find the next franchise.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In his defense if he went to his second read this year he would have been sacked. Look at the prior year if you want to see him go through progressions. I feel like this year he was trying to do too much, but didn’t really have any other options.