• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many more losing seasons could you endure?

hepcat

How many more losing seasons could you endure before this team isn’t even worth your time anymore?

There isn’t any hope for the Panthers being a contender any time soon. We are all exhausted watching this trash team flounder its way to 5 wins every year. 

I haven’t lived in Charlotte for 15 years. I’m losing interest in football in general as I think many Americans are for various reasons. The popularity of the sport is declining slow but sure. Even Tepper knows this and invested in an MLS team which is rapidly on the rise.

• Flames 3
  • Poo 2

Exactly what I’ve been saying about the MLS team but I get pooed on. He could care less about this football team, we got an owner that just likes to throw his money around because he has it. I’ve bought psls, and now regretting every single second of it. Also Nfl has become soft, and the refs have no idea what a penalty is anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get as bad as nascar with viewership and fans within the next 10 years.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Losing still brings conversation albeit lower quality obviously. I mostly just laugh at it now. As long as the team resides here I will remain. Though it would be great if multimillionaires didn't complain about people booing and compare themselves to random low income workers bc the product is crappy.

• Pie 3

A losing season or two are OK as long as the team is getting better and you can see some light at the end of the tunnel:  good drafts, young players developing, a possible franchise QB being groomed, etc.    Because all that suggests the losing will eventually stop.

Right now the Panthers are just spinning their wheels in the swamp and going nowhere.  It's really depressing / demoralizing.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The reward for a losing season is high draft picks. Unfortunately we only have one, I'm starting to think Fitt might be kind of dumb. I hope not.

If Darnold became a franchise QB, Fitterer would have been hailed as a genius for doing the deal for chump change draft picks.  But since Sam flamed out so conclusively, now Fitterer looks the fool.   Those draft choices we gave up are really going to hurt.

It was a swing and a big miss for the team.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying about the MLS team but I get pooed on. He could care less about this football team, we got an owner that just likes to throw his money around because he has it. I’ve bought psls, and now regretting every single second of it. Also Nfl has become soft, and the refs have no idea what a penalty is anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get as bad as nascar with viewership and fans within the next 10 years.

I see this as good news. He could care less, but he doesn’t.

Also PSLs are a fraud…Craigslist a few hours before the game and you can have any seat you want for face or below. Even during good seasons.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

I see this as good news. He could care less, but he doesn’t.

Also PSLs are a fraud…Craigslist a few hours before the game and you can have any seat you want for face or below. Even during good seasons.

Not that easy more for tickets plus to many frauds. I won’t ever risk that again.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, djp14 said:

I've often wondered how Lions fans can keep doing it.

We might be about to find out.

I have also respected Browns fans.  Admire them sticking with their team through all that misery.  I used to work with a guy who was a Browns fan...he told his son he should pick another team...but he stuck with the Browns.  I guess the Panthers are still to young to have that kind of loyalty. 

I am not a happy fan and think Tepper has made a lot of mistakes.  He was not who I wanted for an owner.  We got who the NFL wanted for his money.  He needs to start taking some advice from some smart football people.  This team needs a reboot...ASAP.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1