• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many more losing seasons could you endure?

hepcat

I'm just going to have to sit through all of the losing seasons. I hope there won't be many, but there will be some, even in the best of situations.

Becoming a Panther fan is a lifetime thing for me. This is it. 

For me, and all the others like me, though -- we deserve better than this crap.

• Beer 4

15 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I have also respected Browns fans.  Admire them sticking with their team through all that misery.  I used to work with a guy who was a Browns fan...he told his son he should pick another team...but he stuck with the Browns.  I guess the Panthers are still to young to have that kind of loyalty. 

I am not a happy fan and think Tepper has made a lot of mistakes.  He was not who I wanted for an owner.  We got who the NFL wanted for his money.  He needs to start taking some advice from some smart football people.  This team needs a reboot...ASAP.

yea...reboot the reboot...

15 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I have also respected Browns fans.  Admire them sticking with their team through all that misery.  I used to work with a guy who was a Browns fan...he told his son he should pick another team...but he stuck with the Browns.  I guess the Panthers are still to young to have that kind of loyalty. 

I am not a happy fan and think Tepper has made a lot of mistakes.  He was not who I wanted for an owner.  We got who the NFL wanted for his money.  He needs to start taking some advice from some smart football people.  This team needs a reboot...ASAP.

You said a lot, but you really didn't answer the question...but, from what you did say, I can assume that you'll endure whatever you must?

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Don't know how much the younger generations are interested in football.  Think it is probably waning with each passing 'gen' group. Losing it's place as the number one sport is very possible and probable.

Just zero sort of evidence or data or study that supports this claim. I’m actually a teacher (8th grade) and football is by far I mean by far the most popular sport still with this generation. Like, not even close.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think everyone needs to take some sort of a chill pill. Things are bleak right now but acting like we’re the next Lions or Browns is still very premature. There’s so much parity in the league right now, have a few good drafts and find a good coach and you can become a contender quick.

The Rhule experiment has been a disaster. I don’t think that means Tepper can’t pick good coaches. Hiring coaches is largely a crapshoot, every team is going to miss on a coach at some point. Let’s hope Tepper realizes his mistake, fires Rhule after this year and finds a better coach this time.

• Pie 1

Been pulling for Panthers, NCSU and Carolina Hurricanes all my life.  You always stick by your team.  It makes you savor the good year years more.  Some of you have been spoiled pulling for UNC and Duke basketball.  Most teams suck more often than not very few are great consistently.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

Don't know how much the younger generations are interested in football.  Think it is probably waning with each passing 'gen' group. Losing it's place as the number one sport is very possible and probable.

So many kids play soccer now compared to the ancient times (1970's).   Parents are worried about injuries in football.

That may be one of the reasons that 7 on 7 is becoming more popular in high school since there's no tackling.  Also why the NFL rules are slowly edging towards touch football - too many injuries (and lawsuits) from the old, super violent way.