• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Currently sitting at #8 in draft order...who should we pick?

PanthersGOATFan336

7 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Yeah, I love his game. He is a prototypical LT. His pass blocking is elite, but his run blocking will need a little work. He's a 10 year plug and play starter 

***Full disclosure- I havent seen cross this year but only read his scouting reports which seem really good

If he is a 10 year plug and play a la Slater then fuging draft him at 6 and stop being fuging cute with trading down.  Bite the GD bullet and draft.  Suck up the lost 2nd and learn from it.  Dont try and trade back for peanuts to just absorb a loss.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

On 12/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, CPantherKing said:

Can we not even talk about the draft until Rhule and Fitt are gone? The draft and offseason won't change a thing with those two fools running the show.

Fitt isnt the problem at all bro. He has gotten all the pieces here we need to be a great team. Its about execution and we dont have a competent coaching staff that can do that.

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

People might not like it, but trading DJ Moore is the best option to get several picks.

I was considering this awhile back but didn't want to ruffle the Jimmy's around here. You know how they get attached to players. 

I doubt they can afford to tie up more cap on skill players with the current configuration of the offense  It's time to put more investment in the oline one way or the other. And there's the QB conundrum thing to sort out with even more investment beyond what is already tied up.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I was considering this awhile back but didn't want to ruffle the Jimmy's around here. You know how they get attached to players. 

I doubt they can afford to tie up more cap on skill players with the current configuration of the offense  It's time to put more investment in the oline one way or the other. And there's the QB conundrum thing to sort out with even more investment beyond what is already tied up.

Yep. Other teams will look at Moore as a young guy they can use and if he does get another 1000 yard season, he'll look that much more enticing even if they would have to extend and pay him. 

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I’m all for blowing it up to be honest.  Trade CMC and Burns for picks.  We need draft ammo to rebuild our offensive and defensive lines.

I just don't see CMC as someone that other teams will trade for with his contract and injury history. Since signing his extension, he's missed far more time than he's played and if I'm a GM, I'm not trading for that. I'd sign him for cheap once he was cut though.

• Pie 1