• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Currently sitting at #8 in draft order...who should we pick?

PanthersGOATFan336

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yep, since the Bears play the Giants, barring a tie, we slip past one of them by losing out.

I’d say 70% chance of 6, 29.5% chance of 5. Just need whoever loses to squeak out a win, some teams might rest starters. Last night if Chicago didn’t decide to not kick FGs would have been great.

I left the 0.5% chance that the Jets win 2 more and their SOS ticks up over ours.

So counting their last 3 games and ours we win out in terms of SOS?

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I will add with the OL and DEs, 5 would be a heck of a place to be if any of the QBs show out during pre-draft.

Also, the more I read about Neal the more I don’t want him because I’d rather get a LT since this team is clearly not sold on giving Moton a chance there and by chance I mean more than just some time here and there while Erving is out in preseason. I’d rather have Cross/Ekwonu. Linderbaum would be nice too but solid Cs are still found in the early to mid 2nd, well if we had a day 2 pick they would be. 

Neal not a LT???? I agree tho. Best case scenario we trade back.

Edited by Jared Patterson

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I will add with the OL and DEs, 5 would be a heck of a place to be if any of the QBs show out during pre-draft.

Also, the more I read about Neal the more I don’t want him because I’d rather get a LT since this team is clearly not sold on giving Moton a chance there and by chance I mean more than just some time here and there while Erving is out in preseason. I’d rather have Cross/Ekwonu. Linderbaum would be nice too but solid Cs are still found in the early to mid 2nd, well if we had a day 2 pick they would be. 

Linderbaum isn't just the #1 center.

According to renown OL coach Duke Mayweather, Tyler Linderbaum is OL #1.

If there is a QB there that you like, that is expected to go in the range, you take the QB.  

if not

If there is a LT there that you like, that is expected to go in that range you take the LT

if not

you take best player available that fills a need.

Dream scenario:

You fall in love and are correct about a QB that is expected to be the 3rd or 4th QB taken, and you trade down to that 14-16 range and draft your QB and pick up a 2nd round pick in the process that you use of the O-line.

Not to get the UNC fans too excited but Howell could fit that scenario.

Picket at 7 or Howell at 14 plus a 2nd.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If there is a QB there that you like, that is expected to go in the range, you take the QB.  

if not

If there is a LT there that you like, that is expected to go in that range you take the LT

if not

Dream scenario:

You fall in love and are correct about a QB that is expected to be the 3rd or 4th QB taken, and you trade down to that 14-16 range and draft your QB and pick up a 2nd round pick in the process that you use of the O-line.

That 14 to 16 range looks prime if we can add a 2nd.  I'm even looking to go down to 14 or 17 and trade down out of 1st.  If we decide none of the qb's are our guy that is the plan.  

50 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

if not

if not

Dream scenario:

That is probably the best case scenario. But chances are if somebody is trading up from 14-16 to ~7, there's a pretty solid chance that they're moving up for a QB.

And, assuming we're at #16, we're likely behind a bunch of teams that could go QB. Asterisks by most likely to target QB if there's one they like.

• Detroit*
  • Houston* (? - they did draft Mills)
  • Giants* (?)
  • Atlanta (Matt Ryan Successor?)
  • Philadelphia (if they don't stick with Hurts. I think it's unlikely they go QB)
  • Washington (?)
  • Denver*
  • New Orleans* (Currently #14)
  • Browns (Currently #15. Baker's future is uncertain)

14 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

That 14 to 16 range looks prime if we can add a 2nd.  I'm even looking to go down to 14 or 17 and trade down out of 1st.  If we decide none of the qb's are our guy that is the plan.  

It might not be a crazy gamble.  If we are picking 6-8 chances are the top LT(Neal) is going to be gone. 

Even if they QB you are hoping for doesn't make it to the point you trade back to you might still get LT3 (possible Ekwonu) C1 (Linderbaum), or the first guard off of the board.

12 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

That is probably the best case scenario. But chances are if somebody is trading up from 14-16 to ~7, there's a pretty solid chance that they're moving up for a QB.

And, assuming we're at #16, we're likely behind a bunch of teams that could go QB. Asterisks by most likely to target QB if there's one they like.

• Detroit*
  • Houston* (? - they did draft Mills)
  • Giants* (?)
  • Atlanta (Matt Ryan Successor?)
  • Philadelphia (if they don't stick with Hurts. I think it's unlikely they go QB)
  • Washington (?)
  • Denver*
  • New Orleans* (Currently #14)
  • Browns (Currently #15. Baker's future is uncertain)

I agree they are probably moving up for a QB.  Maybe for Pickett, mabye the next 2 QBs are Malik and Correl.

My only point is that there is a chance that a QB you like might be in that 12-16 range.  I could see there being a good bit of variance among teams for the top 4-5 QBs.  Howell, or any of them for that matter, could easily be QB2 on one team's board and QB4 on another.

21 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Pickett is the best in the draft and Corall is a little behind him. No one else listed is a 1st rounder. I still want the best LT where we pick. Its time for fans to realize this is not getting totally fixed next year. 

You like your Mississippi State tackle Cross at 6? He seems pretty darn good to me.