• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your ideal Panthers offseason!

Doc Holiday

Hire a HC that's offensive minded that works with the OC on playcalling.

Hire an NFL-experienced defensive coordinator with an excellent track record. 

Trade up with the Jets for the 4th pick and take what tackle we can high. 

If the tackles suck and the linebackers are good, either trade back or take the best MLB we can b/c we are missing this too.

Resign Cam, Reddick and Gilmore. Let jackson walk. Trade CMC, Anderson, Darnold, Brown. Sign or pick up a receiving TE. Tremble hasn't been given proper opportunity to shine, but is more of a blocker either way. Get rid of the offensive line. 

1. New Coach (keep GM)

2. Let everyone that will cost more than 5m. walk (Jackson, Reddick, Gilmore, etc.).  Load up on comp picks.

3. Draft best OL available in first.  If we can slide back to mid-first and pick up an extra 2nd I do that and draft a QB in the 2nd.  LB in 4th.  Guards in 5th and 6th.

4. If Cam wants to stay for 10m per for 2 years, grab him.  Keep Darnold as backup.  Start him in preseason.  If he looks decent in preseason, we may be able to unload him at some point.

5. Move CMC to the slot.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

What do you want to see happen in an ideal situation?

Can't argue with much of your plan. 

1. Fire Rhule. Hire an actual NFL staff. Hell, at this point even Jim Caldwell would at least get us some respect among players. 

2. Trade CMC. Other people can be on the table, but we've got to move on from that contract. Send him to Kansas City, Buffalo, etc. for whatever we can get at this point. People wanting a 1st or 2nd are dreaming. Take a 3rd or 4th and use the cap savings to invest in people who can stay on the field or OL. Honestly just about anyone on the team is on the table. 

3. Trade back in the 1st. Maybe even twice. From there, draft the best OL available with our now 1st rounder in the 20s, draft OL & a Sam Howell type QB in the 2nd with the two picks we gained there. 

4. Sign Cam to a 1 deal with the understanding he's mentoring Howell, retirement tour, retire a Panther. 

5. Like signing Reddick & Gilmore, but Reddick may be a hard sell after we sever his tie here with Rhule. Gilmore is a priority, assuming Donte walks. 

6.  Sadly, don't think we'll be that active in FA. Also don't want to mess up any comp picks we may gain from Reddick, DJax, etc. Depth OL & other pieces only unless we go after a LT. 

With a new coach and rebuilt (& young) OL, let Cam start the first half of the season+ if need be. Play the young guys, supplemented by our good vets, and get back to showing some potential.  Gain some respect back and let the OL gel as the new QB takes over to end 2022 or start 2023. 

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

What do you want to see happen in an ideal situation?

1. Fire Rhule

2. Trade some of our players that we know we won’t be keeping or just need to get rid of and have value for picks. (Brown, CMC)

3. sign Cam to a career ending in Carolina Contract. Incentives for starting, but when he isn’t starting, redzone and short yardage situations.

3. Draft on actual team needs (offensive line, and more offensive line and LB’er)

4. Resign Reddick and Gilmore 

5. sign some quality depth for the Oline.

6. Address the O-line.

no use in Drafting a QB behind this oline. Intentionally tank next year and Draft a QB. When we fire Rhule we are resetting the clock on the rebuild so keep that in mind. Also please no more career contracts for 1 year of decent play or trading draft picks 1-4. Stated long before this year that we straight up shouldn’t ever trade those picks. 

I'm ok with  this outside of the O-Line.  Firing Rhule should be #1.  Depending on what falls to us in the draft.  Preferably a QB.  Where I differ from you is that we need to grab top tier offensive line free agents(Plural), not depth.   Moore and Christensen can be the depth, 

• Fire the entire coaching staff
  • Hire Peterson or Eberflus 
  • Trade CMC
  • Sign the best FA OL
  • Draft Pickett or Howell
  • Be respectful with Cam by signing another one year deal to help ease the new rookie in like Mac and be a great backup / leader - or making sure he retires a Panther and is always around this organization in a positive way, thanking him for his time, effort, sacrifices and the memories
  • Fire the whole social media crew and dial back all of this rah rah BS / sketches / overly scripted and cringey Gen Z social media wave 
Edited by GOAT
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, GOAT said:
  • Fire the entire coaching staff
  • Hire Peterson or Eberflus 
  • Trade CMC
  • Sign the best FA OL
  • Draft Pickett or Howell
  • Be respectful with Cam by signing another one year deal to help ease the new rookie in like Mac and be a great backup / leader - or making sure he retires a Panther and is always around this organization in a positive way, thanking him for his time, effort, sacrifices and the memories
  • Fire the whole social media crew and dial back all of this rah rah BS / sketches / overly scripted and cringey Gen Z social media wave 

I like this this right here social media has got to go.

1. Fire Rhule- There may be some debate on this because I know there are a few on here that would like to see what Rhule can do in year 3 BUT in order to get to that point, that coach would need to make significant progress from year 1 and year 2 and so far, Rhule is trending downward so therefore, Rhule needs to be gone.

2. Hire Matt Eberflus- I know many on here want a offensive guru as HC but I feel like Eberflus would be one of those few exceptions where I feel like he would make a great head coach. Eberflus could continue to get The best out of this good defense and hire an experienced OC who can reinvent this offense. I could see someone like Doug Pederson or Matt Nagy (if fired from the Bears) coming in and doing wonders for our offense.

3. Sign FA OL- There is quite a few names on the market that could really come in and help us. Cam Robinson would be an instant upgrade at the tackle position and Laken Tomlinson or Justin Britt could be a decent upgrade inside.

4. Trade down in draft- The Sam Darnold trade was probably one of the worst trades we could've done and on top of the fact that we lost our third round pick as well which is why I believe that we may not sit still at the #8 pick if that is where we will wind up at. If we pick up some OL in free agency, we could take BPA, unless there is a decent OL at that pick. I do not see us picking a QB in this draft since we still have Darnold for another year and considering that this QB is weaker than last year's unless we trade back and gain a 2nd and/or 3rd round pick. 

Surprise Move.... Trade CMC- I love CMC as much as anyone else BUT with his on going injury history and the fact that we have very little draft picks, I could see CMC being the sacrificial goat for this team. 

Overall, I think this team could be well positioned with these moves.

We need to go by what will likely happen for me to be interested in this thread. I'm going to post my somewhat likely to happen dream scenario. 

Cam is not coming back next season. Rhule is pointing out his mistakes and it feels like when he pointed out Teddy's mistakes. It's a wrap on Cam.

We're still stuck with Sam for $18,000,000, so send his ass out there in 2022. I know that sounds crazy, but we need to draft his replacement in 2023. Pick a LT in the upcoming draft. We need a lot of losses to be in position to draft our QB of the future. Sam either plays well behind a better o-line and we're set, or he poops the bed and we draft a top 5 or 10 QB and his money is off the books. That should be the plan.

If Rhule Panics then we'll do something really stupid. Rhule might trade our 1st round pick for a veteran QB hoping to win now. That would be the nightmare scenario because it extends the QB limbo period we are experiencing now. The new QB might win 6 or 7 games and push us too far down the draft to reach the top QBs. Limbo continues without an end in sight.

Edited by pantherj