• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Reaction to Rhule’s Hiring

BIGH2001

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The real world changes things...for some of us, anyway.

Yeah, that's true. 

I don't think anyone here has a patent on perfection. As for me, I always try to give my favorite franchise and all those involved some leeway before I form an opinion. It's just how I've always rolled. I can appreciate those that in theory, and even in fact, believe that they know some things about the game or the personnel that I don't. At the end of the day it's mostly educated guessing in my opinion anyway. So no need for peacocking and getting ugly and personal (at least initializing getting ugly and personal).

The Panthers just got us all fuged up at the moment--more than usual. 🤣

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, that's true. 

I don't think anyone here has a patent on perfection. As for me, I always try to give my favorite franchise and all those involved some leeway before I form an opinion. It's just how I've always rolled. I can appreciate those that in theory, and even in fact, believe that they know some things about the game or the personnel that I don't. At the end of the day it's mostly educated guessing in my opinion anyway. So no need for peacocking and getting ugly and personal (at least initializing getting ugly and personal).

The Panthers just got us all fuged up at the moment--more than usual. 🤣

I'm on for the same reason I always have been. I enjoy talking about football.

Granted, sometimes it's not as much fun as others.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, sometimes it's not as much fun as others.

I think the state of things has everything to do with that. A couple of years ago, things were new and we were arguably overachieving however modest. Then Rhule began putting his stamp on the team in earnest, and his moves helped stamp out any vestiges of enthusiasm  that anyone could even fool themselves with until the realization that we appear to be in a worse position now, in key ways, than when the Rhule era began. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, not reading this either.

Keep talking if you feel like it, dude. I learned a while ago you're not someone worth engaging in conversation so I don't really care to do more than drop a random insult. 

Declare yourself a winner and pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel better. Being a big deal on this message board seems to mean something to you. Not sure what that says about your life in the real world but hey...

As usual. You don’t read it but can respond. Sure…go with that. 

I’m not worth engaging, but you did, at least until it was turned towards your ignorance and hypocrisy. Then you were too good to engage. 

And the last statement is adorable. The person with over 100,000 posts on here telling anyone else it’s them that wants to be a “big deal” is typically hypocritical of you. You live on here. I go weeks without even looking at this site. You post every thought and quote that pops in your head. You would lose your mind if this place shut down. What’s that say about your sad existence. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I think the state of things has everything to do with that. A couple of years ago, things were new and we were arguably overachieving however modest. Then Rhule began putting his stamp on the team in earnest, and his moves helped stamp out any vestiges of enthusiasm  that anyone could even fool themselves with until the realization that we appear to be in a worse position now, in key ways, than when the Rhule era began. 

Fair.

Heck, up till earlier this year, there were plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

But man, did things go into the toilet fast.

To be clear, I haven't had all that much issue with the past two years draft picks. Free agency hasn't been as kind to us but it hasn't necessarily been awful.

Still, I think the real problem this year hasn't been either of those things as much as it's been coaching.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair.

Heck, up till earlier this year, there were plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

But man, did things go into the toilet fast.

To be clear, I haven't had all that much issue with the past two years draft picks. Free agency hasn't been as kind to us but it hasn't necessarily been awful.

Still, I think the real problem this year hasn't been either of those things as much as it's been coaching.

Yes, coaching has been bad. Talking about not putting players into the best position to succeed, and the worst part might be (what I see as) no kind of perceptible adjustments from game to game, much less on game day. Rhule talks a good game, but he seems either pigheaded, thickheaded, or just unable to adapt. And, yeah, maybe it's not him but his coordinators, but the buck stops with Matt Rhule. He seems to be over his head.

I don't necessarily hate most of the personnel decisions either (but the ones on the O-line), but what I absolutely blame Rhule for is signing Bridgewater to anything more than a prove-it deal (meaning that we should've just let him go to the Windy City) and making a similar error by extending Darnold before he had proven to be anything than just more of the same. And, by extension (pun not intended), I will say that though I didn't necessarily hate passing on Fields, but I absolutely thought we were going to pick Fields when he fell to us. Considering our situation, that was probably was just as unforgivable as spending good money--real and draft compensation--on bad. Now we're in the matrix of QB purgatory with no clear way to escape...and some relatively valuable draft capital.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I guess I missed that one. My girlfriends tired of hearing me complain about Rhule. I wanted Josh McDaniels from that round of hires and then I decided I just have to try to support our guy but he made it hard. Ready for the next chapter.

Agreed on the next chapter. As long as it's NOT Josh McDaniels.

• Pie 1