• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte city counsel rezones pipe and foundry site.

Tbe

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

I'll bet they will want one that can dome up when needed  so Tepper can try to get a SB here..................and you will be paying for it in taxes .........

.......the NFL.......private profits.......socialized expenses......

Thats how new stadiums are funded for every sport in every city. Don't like it then don't support the NFL. 

• Pie 1

IF it is for a new stadium, that would be years away, with planning, construction, etc.  Plenty of time to shitcan Rhule and get the team moving in the right direction prior to relocating.  Like was said earlier, taxpayers aren't going to want to chip in, but certainly not with the current product on the field.  If this is Tepper's long game, he will need to make changes now.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

you will be paying for it in taxes .....

....the NFL.......private profits.......socialized expenses......

Only of the City Council you elected allows it to happen.   

I have a hunch there is actually an outside chance this may be the one-and-only issue on which this Council actually ends up in the right place...

...hopefully this will be the first time I'm ever right (according to the guy with 428,294 posts 🤣)!!

That said the Mayor has demonstrated incredibly poor judgement and is clearly open to being "influenced" so who knows:

D25F200E-9D72-4344-A4FA-1E9D60AEA715.jpeg

6C208FF5-88CC-4724-8AFE-DB524B873518.jpeg

Edited by SizzleBuzz

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Only of the City Council you elected allows it to happen.   

I have a hunch there is actually an outside chance this may be the one-and-only issue on which this Council actually ends up in the right place...

...hopefully this will be the first time I'm ever right (according to the guy with 428,294 posts 🤣)!!

That said the Mayor has demonstrated incredibly poor judgement and is clearly open to being "influenced" so who knows:

D25F200E-9D72-4344-A4FA-1E9D60AEA715.jpeg

6C208FF5-88CC-4724-8AFE-DB524B873518.jpeg

It's crazy how transparent the grifting is these days.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, PghPanther said:
24 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Thats how new stadiums are funded for every sport in every city. Don't like it then don't support the NFL. 

I don't.........if its not free then I don't spend a dime on ball sports.....

Jets-Giants Stadium was 100% privately funded.  

26 minutes ago, Chaos said:

IF it is for a new stadium, that would be years away, with planning, construction, etc.  Plenty of time to shitcan Rhule and get the team moving in the right direction prior to relocating.  Like was said earlier, taxpayers aren't going to want to chip in, but certainly not with the current product on the field.  If this is Tepper's long game, he will need to make changes now.

This…if we have teams issues in 2028 when the real talk will actually take place we have problems.

17 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Superbowl in Charlotte?.. nice..

Who the heck wants to go to Charlotte for the Super Bowl?

---------

Karen:  Otto this cold crummy weather is getting me down, where are we going on vacation in February?

Otto:  Honey I'm taking you and the kids to Charlotte, NC!

Karen:  Nice knowing you Otto, goodbye...