• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder: When the panthers are in the playoffs next year under matt rhule all your crybaby overreacting posts this year will be exposed and reposted.

Gipetto

11 hours ago, davos said:

We all love this team. That’s why we waste our time on this Zod-Ian plane. Question is—why in the hell are you okay with this product after 2 years with Rhule?

It has been a complete roster turn over and a coaching staff with no experience in under 2 seasons.  We have much less holes overall in the roster than we had before.   Our holes are just glaring and clear now.  Which isnt really a bad thing.  The coaching staff has definitely made lots of mistakes but that's part of getting that experience and learning to coach at this level.  He may not be the answer at head coach in the long run but getting rid of him in under 2 whole seasons in the situations I mentioned previously is a completely knee jerk reaction. 

I'm a reader..  I seldom post but I will take the gamble you can save my post. There is no way Rhule will have us in the playoffs.   If we even came back with Rhule playing as Dom Capers, in the cool Dodge adds,  from the early days..  I wouldnt buy into the Rhule dream. Now the old Rocket burger might get me excited...

Na the ship has sailed. Glory days are gone, we have to start over.  It stinks but we are better off to cut bait and take it on the chin..

I'm for a fresh start all the way around.  

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Looking at the top to bottom failures in roster building and gameday coaching inadequacies the odds of a miraculous turnaround are slim to none.

This.

The only path forward from here looks to be what we should have done all along. Bring in a head honcho who has actually coached in the NFL who will bring experienced NFL staff with him and not college yes men.

And this.

• Pie 2

If we keep Rhule another season, and the team does well, I will happily say I'm wrong along with most of the fanbase. Based off what we've seen the last 2 years, another season is more likely to be like a season 3 of the Seifert era where we regressed 3 straight seasons, as opposed to Season 3 of Rivera where we did see glimpses of hope in his first two.

• Pie 1

I really hope you're right. I want the Panthers to win first and foremost. I dont care who the coach is. I'll never actively cheer against a coach, well except maybe Payton and Gregg Williams. 

But I dont think thats gonna happen chief. I just haven't seen enough to build on these first 2 years. 2020 had close losses where the team tried and fought but some unfortunate bounces, bad calls or just pure talent decripency was too much to overcome.

This year though? If anything I'd argue we've regressed. The last time we looked like a competent football team that could battle through adversity was week 4 in Dallas. 

Since then we have seen no adjustments to the offensive play calling, nothing done to give the young guns an opportunity to develop and outside of the upset of the Cards backups fueled by the emotion of Cams returned we have regressed mightily not since week 4, but last season as well. 

I dont know how you bring him back next year.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'll say this, if they don't fix the OLine, it won't matter who the coach is.

Coaching is part of the problem. Start BC and Brown at one position, keep them there and let them develop. Shuffling around a bunch of shitty vets at different positons makes it stay terrible…

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i would be totally ok with being wrong and will gladly eat a second helping of crow and wear my week old underwear on my head for penance.

i just don't see that poo happening.

If you're right, does the OP have to wear your week old underwear on his head for penance? 🤔

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

It has been a complete roster turn over and a coaching staff with no experience in under 2 seasons.  We have much less holes overall in the roster than we had before.   Our holes are just glaring and clear now.  Which isnt really a bad thing.  The coaching staff has definitely made lots of mistakes but that's part of getting that experience and learning to coach at this level.  He may not be the answer at head coach in the long run but getting rid of him in under 2 whole seasons in the situations I mentioned previously is a completely knee jerk reaction. 

Our holes are growing at the most important spots. QB, OL and coaching staff.  Cupboards are more empty now than ever at these spots.    

In addition to that, we have sunk pointless money into the RB and WR spot under Rhule.  Rhule made CMC the highest RB in the NFL.  Horrible move for a “rebuilding team”.  His Temple WR is paid more than Adams, Diggs and a host of actual #1 WRs.  He traded away the bulk of our next draft class.  That’s not how you build anything. 

arguing in favor of Rhule is just sunk cost fallacy or being a contrarian for the sake of it. 

• Pie 2