• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm willing to give Sam one more year if the team fixes the O-line

Gipetto

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

uh yea ok it’s the oline fault unless it’s Darnold It’s not hard to see cam is god awful 

Your reading comprehension is broken, get out your feelings, I’ve said multiple multiple times neither qb can succeed, but I’m not paying 18-19 mil for what darnold has shown when by some accounts on here the “lesser” qb has performed just as well while not being here the entire season and getting paid a fraction of what darnold will be next year.

facts over feelings 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho

You need 3 if not 4 spots on the line to be fixed. Best case, 2 if somehow Christensen and brown BOTH work out leaving LT (massive issue) and center (massive issue) both to fix with 1st and no 2nd and lots of other missing picks. If you trade out of the likely top 10 pick, you can say goodbye to a top LT unless you expect a lot of luck/stupidity by the rest of the league. And finding the stud C as a rookie in 3rd plus, good luck. 

They completely screwed the pooch this year with the FA handouts to TERRIBLE OL with years and $ left. I'm not sold they know what a good OL look like in the NFL. 1st Rhule has gotten a mediocre line and completely let it go to poo. 2nd while at Seattle, it's not like FITT exactly got expert training on finding OL in the draft. Seattle struggled to find guys to keep Russ clean.

So you are pinning the hopes on 2 guys that so far haven't found a way to ever build a line to make Sam, who has looked bad behind any line, look serviceable. 

And if brown and Christensen don't pan out, you need 2 more that the luck in round 1 and 3...... So yeah this OL is screwed. But there is a bunch here that said early in the year it was fixable in one off-season and OL talent fell off trees in FA. like we saw this year, took a lot of swings and struck out on all of them, most teams don't let OL go if they are worth it, or you overpay on them.......

6 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Not completely fixed but enough to give the QB protection.  It has to be.

I’m honestly not so sure.

A lot rides on Christensen, if he can be a serviceable LT then we only need two guards and a center. If he fails then add the most expensive spot on the line to the above list.

Not to mention, we have a lot of guys currently on the roster who need new contracts which will eat into our cap space.

Oh, and we don’t have a second or third round pick.

Rhule and company fugged this team up for the foreseeable future.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Your reading comprehension is broken, get out your feelings, I’ve said multiple multiple times neither qb can succeed, but I’m not paying 18-19 mil for what darnold has shown when by some accounts on here the “lesser” qb has performed just as well while not being here the entire season and getting paid a fraction of what darnold will be next year.

facts over feelings 

Here is a fact Darnold is already paid and you’re not going to be able to trade him. He is the perfect lame duck while the rookie sits for next season and fresh start 2023. Pay cam is just more money for more trash. Makes zero sense.

Just now, onmyown said:

Here is a fact Darnold is already paid and you’re not going to be able to trade him. He is the perfect lame duck while the rookie sits for next season and fresh start 2023. Pay cam is just more money for more trash. Makes zero sense.

You can trade darnold, it’s going to be hard but it can be done, again I’m not wasting 19 mil on what I’ve seen from him.

if cam is trash and has performed as well as darnold off the couch what does that make darnold, you are not helping your weird argument at all