• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Brown a bust?

RJK

Im going to chalk it up to a sophmore slump. I mean Ive seen much more from this kid than I saw from Vernon Butler. Last year he had a promising year. Also, D Brown started off the year strong, especially when we had a healthy Nixon beside him. It will be itneresting when we get a chance to see those two in the lineup side by side next year.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, RJK said:

I didn’t watch this game but seeing comments mentioning brown on the sidelines during obvious run downs. Not the first time he’s been benched recently. Is it a case of awful coaching? Or is he another 1st round bust? 

At this point he is not trending in the right direction but to be fair he has Ruhle and high school coordinators coaching him. 

• Pie 1

It just seems like these guys have talent(burns, brown, chinn) but the potential isn’t being maximized. Coaching and scheme matters don’t get me wrong, but at some point you line up and beat the guy across from you. Especially on d line. 

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

matthew bingo GIF

Right...I mean how can you honestly say much about much.

They have weird calls on 3rd and 2 where the defense then drops way back past the line to gain with both defenders being behind the WR instead of high/low...

Offense literally no one looks good b/c the system itself is the main issue and that includes being worse than the worst OL you've ever seen.

The fact that the team even won 5 games is a simple testament to the talent alone as the coaches have done nothing but hinder the situation.

• Beer 2