• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The only reason not to fire Rhule is money. Pure and simple.

hepcat

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Jerry Richardson is almost a pauper in comparison to Dave Tepper.  Yet, JR fired Dom Capers as HC after signing the guy to a ten year contract.

If JR was willing to fire his first HC w/a ten year contract, there is no rational defense to be made for Dave hanging on to Matt Rhule, the worst HC in Panthers history.

Matt Rhule is sucking the life out of the Panthers franchise.

Dave Tepper refusing to cut his losses would be insanely stupid. 

What was Dom contract.. Not nearly close to Rhules.. Plus Jerry gave Seifert more then 2 years and he barely went to practice.. Using Jerry as a example isn't good.. He stuck with coaches more then most owners..

Edited by WOW!!

40 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

What was Dom contract.. Not nearly close to Rhules.. Plus Jerry gave Seifert more then 2 years and he barely went to practice.. Using Jerry as a example isn't good.. He stuck with coaches more then most owners..

Matt Rhule's ineptness is sucking more life out of the Panthers with every additional day he is in charge. 

Matt has been a horrible judge of talent, free agency, draft strategy, trade strategy, practice strategy, and game day management.  He compares himself to music legend Jay-Z, while apologizing that his own accomplishments remain invisible to everyone other than himself, then asks for a full 7 years to prove it.

No previous Panthers coach has started as badly as Matt Rhule and none of them has been retained after having a season as bad as Rhule's current season (or last for that matter).

The amount of money Matt Rhule is owed by Dave Tepper is miniscule in comparison to what the organization stands to lose by keeping Matt as their coach.  Panthers have a roster cap over 20 times Rhule's annual salary.  The average player is only in the NFL around three years.  There are a lot of talented Panthers players watching their careers waste away while Rhule tries to figure out how to do his job. 

Let me ask you a question:  If you had 15,000 dollars and could get rid of a problem employee who was destroying your business and driving customers away for 25-50 dollars, would you do it?

Of course you would.  Well that is the decision Tepper faces right now.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

@WOW!! Literally doing a caricature of the sunk cost fallacy. 

You know what I don't give fug at this point... Keep living in a world where telling a billion to just throw 25 million dollars away is a great business move because fans won't show up until he does..lol Yeah right.. Just keep being mad when he doesn't do it and act like you're going to cheer and support another team when you won't..

I'll just accept reality and find understanding in a bad team that I love.. Like most fans do...

Edited by WOW!!

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Dave Tepper routinely makes more/loses more money in a day than what the remaining 5 years on Rhules' contract would cost him.  Chances are he could write most of Matt's contract off as a business loss.

The only thing holding back Dave Tepper from firing Rhule at this point is either his pride or Dave is actually buying into Matt's "It's 1000 percent happening, but invisible to everyone but me" speech.

Matt is successfully(so far) running a variation of the emperor has no clothes scam.

Ha Ha. I thought of the Emperor Has No Clothes in relation to Tepper and Rhule last week. No sh¡t!

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Matt Rhule's ineptness is sucking more life out of the Panthers with every additional day he is in charge. 

Matt has been a horrible judge of talent, free agency, draft strategy, trade strategy, practice strategy, and game day management.  He compares himself to music legend Jay-Z, while apologizing that his own accomplishments remain invisible to everyone other than himself, then asks for a full 7 years to prove it.

No previous Panthers coach has started as badly as Matt Rhule and none of them has been retained after having a season as bad as Rhule's current season (or last for that matter).

The amount of money Matt Rhule is owed by Dave Tepper is miniscule in comparison to what the organization stands to lose by keeping Matt as their coach.  Panthers have a roster cap over 20 times Rhule's annual salary.  The average player is only in the NFL around three years.  There are a lot of talented Panthers players watching their careers waste away while Rhule tries to figure out how to do his job. 

Let me ask you a question:  If you had 15,000 dollars and could get rid of a problem employee who was destroying your business and driving customers away for 25-50 dollars, would you do it?

Of course you would.  Well that is the decision Tepper faces right now.

Thanks for writing a novel that has no foot in reality... All this BS about fans not showing up if Matt Rhule is the coach next year is complete BULLSHIT!! Most of you don't have the Balls to give up your seats and will keep paying for your tickets (just like me) because we love football bad or not and love having a team... Football rarely if ever lose money due to non support of fans.. Even the Oakland fans still showed up even when they knew the team was leaving.. But please keep acting like you're about to become a packer fan..

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You know what I don't give fug at this point... Keep living in a world where telling a billion to just throw 25 million dollars away is a great business move because fans won't show up until he does..lol Yeah right.. Just keep being mad when he doesn't do it and act like you're going to cheer and support another team when you won't..

I'll just accept reality and find understanding in a bad team that I love.. Like most fans do...

If Tepper acted the way you want him to in the hedge fund world, he'd be a thousandaire. 

You cut your losses and move on. Unless you are just a fuging idiot. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If Tepper acted the way you want him to in the hedge fund world, he'd be a thousandaire. 

You cut your losses and move on. Unless you are just a fuging idiot. 

That's your problem "I" want him to fire him.. He ain't going to do it .. I just accepted that fact and understand this isn't a hedge fund situation... This is his starter up Business where he thinks he head hunted (what he thinks) the best General manager  candidate around was to run the day to day operations and invested in this guy by paying him to go thru all his training and certification for the job and isn't giving up on his investment into "his guy" this early...

Edited by WOW!!

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's your problem "I" want him to fire him.. He ain't going to do it .. I just accepted that fact and understand this isn't a hedge fund situation... This is his starter up Business where he thinks he head hunted (what he thinks) the best General manager  candidate around was to run the day to day operations and invested in this guy by paying him to go thru all his training and certification for the job and isn't giving up on his investment into "his guy" this early...

The second scenario applies, in that case. I already covered what you are talking about.

It's called being a fuging idiot. 

Also, your example is less applicable than the hedge fund example. Training and certification?? LOLwut

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Rhule's contract is not going to stand in the way of the Panther brand, stadium negotiations, and winning.  It was a bad hire, and doing nothing about it is more costly than taking action asap.

I mean, 95% of us can see this. That other 5% well.....

sarcastic season 3 GIF by NETFLIX

Starting to look like Tepper is in that 5% category. We will see in the next 2-3 weeks. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1