• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's working, you just can't see it"

Mr. Scot

Putting feelings towards Rhule to one side I was trying to get my head round what he meant by it.

obviously the results aren’t there, we are in constant cases of ill discipline, being out coached, lack of execution.

So to me that means the mantra that Shaq echoed… 

“Get better each day”

So I can only assume that what Rhule is saying it that he sees all the players continuing to buy into this concept, continuing to pour in the time and effort and dedication to try and build up.

So that to me says the team hasn’t quit on him, also it would get something tangible that people can see in the building that might defy logic when you only see the field.

So in terms of culture building that might be a step forward from what we had previously.

The issue though is that it actually highlights that coaching is even more an issue.

1. Players are improving themselves but their play isn’t, suggesting that coaches aren’t actually developing them in a positive / cohesive way

2. our game plans suck if our players are more dedicated than they ever were under previous regimes.

So I can kinda understand where he’s trying to come from, I just think it highlights even bigger issues

• Pie 3

Yup, that whole presser was an absolute trainwreck of the highest magnitude.  Revealed a lot about him and what he thinks of himself.

Imagine you working a job, absolutely sucking and by all observable metrics are failing miserably at it, and then telling the people that evaluate you, "It's working.  You just can't see it.  There's a process underneath the results.  I'm sorry you can't see it yet. But, it's 1000 percent working."

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

If rebuilding a team "takes time", why did you carry on like we're in win-now mode and not just take our lumps with the QB situation, as opposed to spending good money and draft capital on middling to bad QBs? Why pass up on Justin Fields for Sam Darnold? It takes time to make things worse--dig an even bigger hole--and then try and fix it during your third draft without making the whole even deeper also. Time isn't infinite, and there is nothing magical about seven years.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2