• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Matt Rhule the most hated person in Panthers history?

ENCPantherfan2

9 hours ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

I don't think I ever seen the fanbase hate one man more than people hate Matt Rhule. 

What's your personal opinion?

Do you personally "hate" Matt Rhule more than any other individual who has ever collected a paycheck from the (not your) Carolina Panthers?

What say ye?

10 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Nah. There's a list of other gents we've hated in the past just as much as Rhule. He's just the it guy right now.

This.

I do think he is by far the most incompetent coach we ever had. His handling of the QBs and OL has been worse than anything I've seen here. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

He turned around Temple and Baylor.  That was enough to land him in Charlotte.

Maybe awesome is hyperbole.  He was a very good college coach.  He did something right in the college ranks and he speaks VERY well and knows how to sell himself.  

If we fire him, I’m sure he’ll end up back in college somewhere as a P5 HC.

He didn’t turn around Baylor.  Baylor was a good program.   7 straight winning seasons prior to Rhule.  Most of them double digits.  Made it into the top 10 in each of the 4 seasons before prior to Rhule.  

yes, Baylor got punished and hammered.  Yes, Rhule was there while they took that punishment.  But they simply went right back to being Baylor.  Big 12 champs before and after Rhule.  Rhule gets way too much credit for that IMO.

• Pie 5

On 12/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, KSpan said:

I don't know that people generally hate Rhule so much as he's a victim of the long-running poor performance of the organization. He has put plenty of poor and questionable tape out there and seems out of his depth but Siefert, Hurney, Gettleman, etc were all pretty disliked at various times as well.

I don't blame Rhule for shooting his shot with this job. It just doesn't seem to be working out and fan sentiment is that they're tired of seeing it.

yeah I don’t hate the guy lol, I mean he tried and really wants to win but has just failed miserably. 

• Pie 1

On 12/28/2021 at 2:37 PM, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't' think the huddle and fandom have been this united about a person. There's maybe ONE guy that still defends Rhule, Gipetto or whatever his name is. Other than that, Rhule is not liked by anyone here. 

Imagine if you will. A hatred so strong, so United it could accomplish anything. Then picture that focused on Matt Rhule. 

• Flames 1