• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the Panthers beat Alabama?

Carl Spackler

In most circumstances, the answer to an NFL vs. college team question is "of course not, the NFL team is comprised of veterans who were the best at their positions in college." However, this is not the case with the sadsack Carolina Panthers, a team full of youth, inexperience and apathy. 

I'd pick Bama by 13 points. First off, the Panthers' offensive line would get decimated by Alabama, and Darnold's 40-percent completion percentage would eventually lead to a pick-six. I'd expect the Panthers to rush for as many as 5 yards against the Tide, and Bryce Young's biggest concern would be tearing a muscle while laughing at the defense. He could hand it off for 25 yards or drop back, count to 10 and hit his man uncovered. 

That's only the on-field side. Coaching personnel-wise, Nick Saban would have an absolute field day. You'd see Rhule going for it on 4th and 7 from his own 35 multiple times. 

Now that I think about it, give me Alabama and 19 points.

• Poo 13

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

With ease.  Its grown men versus 19/20 year old kids.  In fact, I would be shocked if Alabama even scored.  

Grown men who couldn't get a scholarship offer from Alabama -- and many of whom are only 1-3 years older. Just some context. You're also looking at arguably the GOAT college coach against the worst coach in NFL history.

Edited by Carl Spackler

I always hate it when this question gets asked. Men vs. boys. Yes, Bama would be highly motivated to win. But you might as well be asking who wins with Darth Vader vs Batman because some questions aren't supposed to be answered 

(it's Vader by a country mile unless Batman has an anti-Force spray in his utility belt) 

1 minute ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

I always hate it when this question gets asked. Men vs. boys. Yes, Bama would be highly motivated to win. But you might as well be asking who wins with Darth Vader vs Batman because some questions aren't supposed to be answered 

(it's Vader by a country mile unless Batman has an anti-Force spray in his utility belt) 

No one in their right mind would take the Panthers' starting OL against Alabama's starting OL. There's no comparison. Bama's got first-and second-day picks at all five spots. The Panthers have one, potentially two NFL-caliber players at that position group, which would be a major advantage for the team already boasting the superior coaching staff.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Yes. We're a really good college team. 

It's against pro teams we don't know what we're doing.

I'm quite convinced this is an 8-4 college team at best, the type who loses the Sun Bowl by 17 because they mailed it in in mid-November (like this team does every year!). Basically, Central Michigan is a mirror image.