• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the Panthers beat Alabama?

Carl Spackler

Alabama has a total of 54 players in the NFL, which is the most from any college in the league.

8 of them are Defensive Tackles
8 of them are Offensive Linemen (3 OTs / 3 Centers / 2 Guards)
6 of them are Linebackers

You take all of the best Alabama players for the last however many years or so (on NFL rosters), and even then they can't even field a full NFL roster. Why did I even read past the thread title?

Edited by EgoDogg
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Richard Cranium 1 said:

Why don't you Google it in Charlotte and see what you find and if your man enough, stop on by and we can settle it face to face.

ZOD needs to clean this forum out and get the instigators out of here. It isn't bad enough the team sucks, we also have to put up with physical threats and insulting behavior.

Enough of this sh%t already.

Edited by Jmac

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

In most circumstances, the answer to an NFL vs. college team question is "of course not, the NFL team is comprised of veterans who were the best at their positions in college." However, this is not the case with the sadsack Carolina Panthers, a team full of youth, inexperience and apathy. 

I'd pick Bama by 13 points. First off, the Panthers' offensive line would get decimated by Alabama, and Darnold's 40-percent completion percentage would eventually lead to a pick-six. I'd expect the Panthers to rush for as many as 5 yards against the Tide, and Bryce Young's biggest concern would be tearing a muscle while laughing at the defense. He could hand it off for 25 yards or drop back, count to 10 and hit his man uncovered. 

That's only the on-field side. Coaching personnel-wise, Nick Saban would have an absolute field day. You'd see Rhule going for it on 4th and 7 from his own 35 multiple times. 

Now that I think about it, give me Alabama and 19 points.

Do you star in those adulting geico commercials? Yikes