• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Fitterer

Mr. Scot

I think Fitt could be a solid GM.  He’s already shown aptitude when it comes to trading during the draft, and I think we all know Rhule’s the one calling the shots on the actual players selected.  He’s trying to build something with a hammer tied to his nipple and both hands behind his back.  

I have a lot more confidence in Fitt than I do Rhule just based on how he navigated the last draft.

A lot of the rookies they drafted have high potential and they might be really good, we just dont know because Rhule wont play them. 

How Fitt navigates this year with no 2nd and 3rd will be a testament to his ability as a GM imo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

I think Fitt and Morgan with a new head coach would be a great thing for the Panthers.

We finally got out from under Marty Hurney as GM for good only to wind up stuck with a full power head coach that Marty was instrumental in choosing...

It's like he never left 😒

• Pie 6

Trading for Henderson was on Rhule.  Rhule even said they were looking at him the year prior.  I don't blame Fitt for that trade.  I'm not sure who made the call on Darnold's 5th year option, but I doubt Fitt made that call all by himself though.  So I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt to see what he can do with a new HC.

9 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

I think the Rhule hire was all Tepper.  He knew he would be firing Hurney so his input was nil

I know Tepper had the final decision on the hire, but I'm not certain he knew he was going to fire Marty at that point.

Most of what I've read seems to indicate that what got Hurney the boot was a conflict of styles with Rhule. For whatever you think of Rhule, we do at least owe him for that.

Throw in that Tepper isn't exactly the most discerning guy when it comes to football knowledge. Before he trusted Rhule, he trusted Marty. Even went so far as to call him a great talent evaluator.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Trading for Henderson was on Rhule.  Rhule even said they were looking at him the year prior.  I don't blame Fitt for that trade.  I'm not sure who made the call on Darnold's 5th year option, but I doubt Fitt made that call all by himself though.  So I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt to see what he can do with a new HC.

Gotta believe the Robby Anderson extension was probably influenced by Rhule as well.

• Beer 1

Fitt’s personnel decisions have been spot on. Darnold was a low risk, high reward proposition. We essentially lost a 2nd round pick for a guy who a lot of people thought could be rehabbed. 

We are loaded at one of the most valuable positions in football (DB). 

Imo his draft was pretty good with Horn, Tremble, Nixon, Hubbard, Marshall etc. 

• Pie 1

Vastly overrated by Panthers fans. Another offseason close to the last one and it will be confirmed. 

How much was Rhule? No idea. But just going to his 'Yes Man' to co-conspirator ranges it is not at all reassuring or encouraging to me. Maybe it works out but I'm not expecting it to break that way. He looks like a Rhule quality GM. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2