• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper / Hurney comments about Rhule's hire

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, davos said:

There's 3 big BS components to this interview that he talked-up well enough to land the gig:

(1) His philosophy on the team he wanted

(2) His desire to have a true vet help build the team with him (Meyer, Snow, Nixon, meh lol)

(3) Overall, diverting their attention, attempting to make the interview a recruitment/big picture/vision session

Strikes me as a guy that knew what to say but I'm unsure if he's even really bought into the build he spoke to.  We are nowhere near what he described.  So many things should have been done differently if he wanted this defensive stalwart with a power offense.  

Don't forget Kuechly then surprise retires a week after this article and doesn't sty on to be a coach type thing but keeps popping up for McD & Beane.  And he had the entire 2020 season to dismantle and start rebuild pre-Fit.  This is the result.  

Notables:

• Didn't rush to extend CMC/had a better contract out with him being a RB
  • Power run you say? Tristan Wirfs you say? Wills? Rashawn Slater? Sam Cosmi? Nope, we went for the JOATs that aren't good at anything like Elflein, Erving, MJ.  Puke
  • Unceremoniously release Cam, eat $20 mil only to sign TB for like the same amount a day later.  Let us not forget that single week of happenings.  Wat
  • His year-1 major UFA signings (pre-Fit) were Teddy Bridgewater & Robbie Anderson. 

You know what could've looked pretty cool?:

2020: 1-Tristan Wirfs/Wills, 2-Jalen Hurts 2-Jeremy Chinn

2021: 1-Rashawn Slater (Heck, wouldn't be mad with Horn if we landed Wirfs/Wills prior)

And could've just kept Cam until it was clear Hurts could take over. But a digress, so many other scenarios and options with Mac Jones, etc.  

I had that discussion with a buddy a few days ago. I think Luke jumping ship was a sign we mostly ignored.

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I had that discussion with a buddy a few days ago. I think Luke jumping ship was a sign we mostly ignored.

There was something about his exit. He saw that we didn’t have pure film room football junkies coming in. Moreso talkers and schemers—O mean, Luke craves the study of the game and you can tell these guys don’t when there’s zero nuance or creativity to the offense or game planning. 

They talk up themselves like these new gun analytics junkies when it’s really vanilla “talkers”

Edited by davos
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I couldn't tell you a single thing Rhule actually did on that front.

i do know that Philly built a whole "sports science" department a few years back; then found it didn't improve anything and dumped it.

But I'm sure it'll work much better when we do it 😕

Oh I bet we got a sports science program, they’ve never talked about it.

Hurney and the other two clowns clearly ignored the red flags, including ensuring that there was a common plan at QB given that there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding cam at the time. Tepper really fuged up letting hurney be in charge of this hiring and rhule was his usual tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear-to-benefit-me self. Marty is way too goddamn emotional to be in charge of anything important. He has all the objectivity of a teenage girl.

• Pie 1

So they thought Rhule was old school in one aspect about running the ball and stopping the run.......

Where's their power running game and dominate O line to do that?

Where's their ability to stop a power running game?

What Rhule has is nothing like what he claimed according to the transcripts of this conversation.......

What a mess...................

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Marty is way too goddamn emotional to be in charge of anything important. He has all the objectivity of a teenage girl.

I sat there thinking I feel like a bobble head, because every time he talks I'm just like nodding my head. He really has a lot of the same principles I do, and you can just tell. It's very obvious why he's been successful every place he's been."

-- Marty Hurney talking about Matt Rhule

• Pie 1