• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only Coaching topic from me..

WOW!!

6 hours ago, WOW!! said:

There are other Successful HC you can steal..  Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, and others I just don't care for the unknown Coordinator route or retread with no success.. Get the coach that might be looking for a new situation because he gotten stale at his franchise.. And throw big money at him..

Or yes ride it out another year with Rhule..

Almost all of those former successful coaches are not likely to be at all interested in us because of the poor ownership situation.

I would much rather gamble on a coordinator than stick with Rhule. Sticking with Rhule means another 1-2 years being added to an eventual rebuild.

7 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

This team is not ready to win consistently lol, not even with those coaches. We have to do what Tepper said from the beginning actually rebuild.

Rebuilding is really never a word that should ever be said about an NFL franchise. The fact that they tore down the 2019 team the way they did and talked rebuild really shows how little everyone involved knew about NFL football. I said at the time I was very, very, very concerned about this "complete rebuild" because franchises that embark on such an undertaking often take years or decades to recover. Largely because it is a sign of ownership that has no idea what they are doing, IMO.

Good franchises are always retooling and never rebuilding. You keep core players under contract, have plans to replace guys when they are near retirement and are constantly rotating players in and out of the roster every offseason based on resources available, needs and fit with the current team.

You absolutely NEVER let your team get as talent deficient as we were in 2020 and you don't hire guys like Matt Rhule who are going to ruin culture and set the franchise back even further. 

You know, it's funny Matt Rhule harps on culture but historically great franchises have an actual culture in place that was built over years and can outlast coaching changes and player turnover(see Steelers. Packers, Pats, etc). Yet when when this guy steps foot in here, every veteran who knew anything about winning and success at the NFL level was unceremoniously jettisoned or retired. Then he brings a staff in that has very little NFL experience. And we wonder why this doesn't work. Matt Rhule and David Tepper are making(if they haven't already succeeded) us the old Browns, Bengals, Jets, etc. All the warning signs of a historically dysfunctional franchise are currently present. 

So, for the people that want to keep Rhule around.....good luck with that. Because you are just damning this franchise to a further and further slide into the cellar. It's one that we may not see them recover from for many years.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Like some say here it's not my money and Tepper is worth Billions.. If those brass balls on his desk anything.. After this incredible collapse of decision making since he has been here... Its time he show big Balls make a huge splash and steal either Harbaugh's from Michigan or Tomlin from Pittsburgh.. Make a statement don't hire another retread coach or unproven coordinator . Go big or just stick with your original investment...

Fun fact, Tepper wanted to fire Tomlin when he was minority owner of the Steelers. He was emphatically overruled. Another fun fact. Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season. He would never come coach for our whack ace owner who definitely wants someone who looks and talks just like he does. That's why he was waiting in the driveway of our current debacle of a coach. 

23 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Like some say here it's not my money and Tepper is worth Billions.. If those brass balls on his desk anything.. After this incredible collapse of decision making since he has been here... Its time he show big Balls make a huge splash and steal either Harbaugh's from Michigan or Tomlin from Pittsburgh.. Make a statement don't hire another retread coach or unproven coordinator . Go big or just stick with your original investment...

If we hired McCartney we more than likely would have been a playoff team by now. Just saying...