• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

WE NEED A fuging LINE. This draft works to our advantage. We need to bolster elsewhere and roll with what we got. Which means next year WON'T BE ANY BETTER EITHER, but maybe year 4. We surround Sam, Cam, Whoever back there with protection, it'll provide a chance for them to actually do something. We need to dangle CMC for picks, roll with Chuba, and build a damn line. NO SPLASHES

If we improve the line, but keep Sam, then it won't matter.  Most of Darnold's interceptions are just bad decisions on his part, made when he has more time.  If there is a qb available with our first round pick that we think will be good, then we take him.  If we have to let him sit a year while we improve the offensive line, so be it.  But qb is the most critical position on the field, bar none.  And very few draft picks turn into good qb's.   

Not that I trust this staff to do an assessment or develop a qb. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If we improve the line, but keep Sam, then it won't matter.  Most of Darnold's interceptions are just bad decisions on his part, made when he has more time.  If there is a qb available with our first round pick that we think will be good, then we take him.  If we have to let him sit a year while we improve the offensive line, so be it.  But qb is the most critical position on the field, bar none.  And very few draft picks turn into good qb's.   

Not that I trust this staff to do an assessment or develop a qb. 

Are we talking in a Rhule coached world? If so, keep Sam. At least we will have another top 5 pick to hand the next staff.

• Beer 1

I want to steer clear from all of these guys.  With it looking like Rhule is coming back, they would have no chance here anyways.  And sometimes there’s a QB class where there really just isn’t anybody who turns into a good player.  2013 comes to mind.  Just trade down, stock up on OL

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Malik Willis. Very high ceiling, INSANELY low floor.

Not as a passer for me.  Willis is a faster PJ Walker.  Not at all on his bandwagon.  He played bad comp and we he did play good teams he struggled mightily.

Your description fits Matt Corral for me.  He is my top guy atp.

Corral

Howell

Ridder

Pickett

Strong

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Howell certainly doesn't look any better than Darnold.  I was disappointed in how he played today.  But that was the first full game I've watched of his.  UNC's offense looks a lot like the Panthers offense. 

Howell missing alot of his weapons from the last few years.. But I agree he isn't a guy who can carry a imperfect team.. I wouldn't touch with a top 10 pick.. Maybe not even a 1st round pick..

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Not as a passer for me.  Willis is a faster PJ Walker.  Not at all on his bandwagon.  He played bad comp and we he did play good teams he struggled mightily.

Your description fits Matt Corral for me.  He is my top guy atp.

Corral

Howell

Ridder

Pickett

Strong

I disagree a little.. Wills has a cannon but your right he is very raw... He needs to sit and learn..

My order is 

Corral - but I think he is fragile..

Pickett- one year wonder.

Howell - Andy Dalton stepchild..

Willis - Raw very Raw but most athletic..

Strong - the least athletic but best arm..

Ridder - TO machine..

I literally wouldn't touch any of these guys until late 1st or 2nd round...

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Howell missing alot of his weapons from the last few years.. But I agree he isn't a guy who can carry a imperfect team.. I wouldn't touch with a top 10 pick.. Maybe not even a 1st round pick..

High second. 

Pickett might be top 10 just because he’s the best QB in this draft. But really he’s a low 1st.

Corral would be a low 2nd in any other draft will go in the low end of the 1st this year.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Howell certainly doesn't look any better than Darnold.  I was disappointed in how he played today.  But that was the first full game I've watched of his.  UNC's offense looks a lot like the Panthers offense. 

He doesn’t have a great supporting cast and has carried the team all year.  Much of the time behind multiple scores as well with a bad OL.  Howell is very far from a great prospect but he could be good in a good situation.  Could be said for any draft QBs.  Zach Wilson would be the #1 pick by a mile in this draft and Jets fans want him gone already.

The idea of staying away from this QB class altogether could be a good one

I put some stock in Corral and Howell playing the bowl games and putting team first

Edited by Shocker