• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Willis and Allen are apples and oranges.  By physical upside I guess you mean athleticism but Allen has a cannon and size etc.  Not seeing it as a comparison.

As in how to scout small school players. Not making a player comparison at all.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

If rhule is fired and we get real nfl coaching I’d take Malik. If rhule is here I’d rather they trade down and pick oline. If we’re in the midteens with a trade down, run to the podium for that center from Iowa. I’m gonna guess rhule isn’t gonna make it after year 3 so let the new staff draft a qb.

If Rhule is here I’d rather stay where we are and pick the best o-lineman. Rhule will pick a quarterback at 6/7 of course to try and save his job. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Well the natural follow up question would be…who is your comparison for Willis?  Why the confidence in putting him #1?

Hmm it's a really hard comparison for him. I guess the closest would be Jalen Hurts? Willis just has more athleticism and a better arm.

• Pie 2

I haven’t seen the other QBs enough to comment, but if you had suggested Pickett over Howell a year ago you would have been ridiculed. 

Howell had one talented WR to work with this year. No other WRs or RBs or OL were helping him much at all. Fortunately, we may get an opportunity to ‘buy low’ because his stock suffered a bit.

He was widely considered QB1 in this draft based on his first two years and stats that rivaled Trevor Lawrence. Its not like he had a bad year. He actually proved to be more multiple as a threat with his legs this year than previously thought. 

If I’m Fitt and crew, I pick LT or Linderbaum with first pick and then I’m pairing DJ Moore with Day 3 picks, if need be, to move into the end of the 1st to pick Howell. 

14 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Gifted how? He doesn't seem to have a great arm.

He is not my top pick, but the man definitely has a good arm. He can fling it down the field in a second. The main issue with him is he is still pretty raw. Rhule would ruin his development. If he goes to an offensive minded coach like Sean Peyton we could be screwed… 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

I haven’t seen the other QBs enough to comment, but if you had suggested Pickett over Howell a year ago you would have been ridiculed. 

Howell had one talented WR to work with this year. No other WRs or RBs or OL were helping him much at all. Fortunately, we may get an opportunity to ‘buy low’ because his stock suffered a bit.

He was widely considered QB1 in this draft based on his first two years and stats that rivaled Trevor Lawrence. Its not like he had a bad year. He actually proved to be more multiple as a threat with his legs this year than previously thought. 

If I’m Fitt and crew, I pick LT or Linderbaum with first pick and then I’m pairing DJ Moore with Day 3 picks, if need be, to move into the end of the 1st to pick Howell. 

I will never trade a known commodity for a unknown one .. Especially when that known is still under 25 and our most consistent offensive weapon right now... No Qb in this draft is worth a pick and DJ Moore..

• Beer 2

I’m most interested in Pickett, Willis, and Ridder.

Pickett is the high floor low ceiling player. If he hits it and I mean hits it he could be like Burrow but I don’t think he’s that dynamic. I think Derek Carr is his reasonable comp. Way better than what we have now but do you really want to build your franchise around that?

Willis is the shoot for the stars guy. He needs a lot of work and shouldn’t be anywhere near an NFL huddle next year. But anytime a dude offers a rocket launcher and that sort of physical profile, it’s an enticing gamble. If Rhule is back there could not be a worse situation for him though.

Stil watching Ridder but he’s improved so much this year. He’s really grown on me

Edited by FuFuLamePoo

1- Pickett (round 1 picks 10-20)

2-Corall (round 1 picks 10-20)

3-Willis (late round 1)

4-Riddler (late round 1)

5-Howell (Early round 2)

6-Strong (early round 2)

None of these guys are Lawrence, Luck, Newton type prospects. I don't think any of them are top ten picks in any other year, but due to scarcity and resource positional value one or two may end up in the top ten. 

I'm a UNC fan so I've watched a ton of Sam Howell. He has a great deep ball but I seriously worry about his processing and his running is going to get him hurt in the league. 

He also is not a good fit for us right now because he has struggled mightily this year behind a bad UNC o line

I think the guy that can make the highest leap is Carson Strong. He's got a great arm. 

6 hours ago, SOJA said:

1- Pickett (round 1 picks 10-20)

2-Corall (round 1 picks 10-20)

3-Willis (late round 1)

4-Riddler (late round 1)

5-Howell (Early round 2)

6-Strong (early round 2)

None of these guys are Lawrence, Luck, Newton type prospects. I don't think any of them are top ten picks in any other year, but due to scarcity and resource positional value one or two may end up in the top ten. 

I'm a UNC fan so I've watched a ton of Sam Howell. He has a great deep ball but I seriously worry about his processing and his running is going to get him hurt in the league. 

He also is not a good fit for us right now because he has struggled mightily this year behind a bad UNC o line

I think the guy that can make the highest leap is Carson Strong. He's got a great arm. 

Strong might be the best pure pocket passer. The only problem is we can’t provide him a pocket… 

• Pie 1