• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOF Finalist (2 former Panthers make the cut)

CRA

*89 has Andre Johnson in yards and TDs.  Plus his pro bowl special team work.   That’s a dig at 89 by voters just not liking the personality.

Wayne and Holt got rings and previously were finalist.  So they aren’t as big of deal but Johnson? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Holt should’ve been in awhile ago and Wayne deserves it too.  He was a fantastic WR for ages.  WR is so logjammed.  But Andre over 89…?  What?  After he went to Baltimore and balled out I thought it’d improve his chances, being on a good team that most people don’t dislike unless you’re in the AFCN.  But apparently not.  The TO treatment is real 

34 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I don't think Andre Johnson had a better career than 89. Maybe I'm bias.. but I just don't see it.

I didn't really think Steve Smith was a first ballot Hall of Famer, not with the logjam that already exists at that position.

That said, I didn't really think Andre Johnson was either, so I don't know about that one 😕

Happy to see Sam Mills on the list though.

• Pie 4

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh. I love Steve Smith(all time favorite Panther) but Megatron is deserving. That dude was just nuts.

That said....pound for pound? I am taking Smitty.

megatron 32rd on the all time receiving yards list, him being in hall is purely based on the player he could have been. Where as, Steve smith 8th on the all time receiving list and everyone in front of him is in the hall outside of Fitz. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2