• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media amplifying story of team dysfunction under Rhule

BlitzMonster

52 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

That’s the thing.  Apparently he’s already embarrassed, but it’s surprising that our floundering, pathetic team isn’t enough for him to pull the trigger.  What more humiliation does he need?  We suck ass.  Rhule stole his brass balls and is playing with house money 

The thing that really bothers me with this even more than it usually would, is that this article comes out acknowledging Tepper is embarrassed and such, but then just 2 weeks ago, Tepper felt moved enough by that fan's sign asking for Rhule to be fired that he asked them "what they were drinking?" 

I have a hard time reconciling that guy with one who is embarrassed of Rhule.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The thing that really bothers me with this even more than it usually would, is that this article comes out acknowledging Tepper is embarrassed and such, but then just 2 weeks ago, Tepper felt moved enough by that fan's sign asking for Rhule to be fired that he asked them "what they were drinking?" 

True.  I think he really is seething inside.  He made this big purchase to buy a team, he’s always been the head honcho in his professional life, he fires the old guy and gets enamored with Big Rhule.  And what does he get?  A steaming pile of poo.  Some people say he only cares about soccer, but he’s a guy not used to losing.  I have no idea what’s in store for the future but how he handles this will tell us a lot.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

....just for a moment...pretend ur a billionaire ....what would you be doing... with disney in rock hill ...soccer.. up town fantasy land deal...new stadium site, maybe....bangin a babe 3 nights a week... philanthropy blah... you prolly dont give a sht about matt ***** rhule..or the panthers...

• Flames 2

48 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Matt Rhule more like Matt Fool 

But seriously this is much worse than I imagined I wonder if Joe Person's expose' will force Tepper's hand 

I wonder if Tepper asked him to write it for cover knowing he intends to can Rhule. 

• Beer 1

Only way Rhule can survive a 3rd year is by trading our picks and star players for Deshaun Watson, and replacing half the team with Baylor/Temple guys, doubling down on the reports already. 

Which sadly, I can see being his plan to build our "program". Cult like following from "vets" as new draft picks arrive, everyone drinking the Kool-Aid, yikes. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't see Watson waiving his no trade clause to come here. If he wasn't willing to do it before Rhule proved to be an unmitigated disaster, I don't see why he's be willing to do it after.

He isn't.  We're basically the NFC Texans as far as organizational disfunction.  The exact thing he's trying to escape.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He isn't.  We're basically the NFC Texans as far as organizational disfunction.  The exact thing he's trying to escape.

One thing that may change his calculus is Tua's improvement and Miami's dramatic turnaround. I don't know if Tua will ultimately be their long-term answer, but I could definitely see them cooling significantly on feeling the need to swing a massive trade for Watson given the second half of their season.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't see Watson waiving his no trade clause to come here. If he wasn't willing to do it before Rhule proved to be an unmitigated disaster, I don't see why he's be willing to do it after.

Why would an established player come to a franchise with a coach on his last legs ?  If Rhule gets fired the next year it's an entirely new coaching staff that may or may not want Watson.  So no way he comes here at this point.