• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media amplifying story of team dysfunction under Rhule

BlitzMonster

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

but I could definitely see them cooling significantly on feeling the need to swing a massive trade for Watson given the second half of their season.

Actually I think a likely landing spot for watson is with the steelers.  with rapelisberger retiring they can trade one sexual offender for another and keep their fans very happy.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

Why would an established player come to a franchise with a coach on his last legs ?  If Rhule gets fired the next year it's an entirely new coaching staff that may or may not want Watson.  So no way he comes here at this point.  

I think his options may prove to be extremely limited until his significant off field troubles are cleared up. It seemed like it was basically just us and Miami left and Miami very well may be out now given their turnaround. It could be Carolina or nothing. Would Tepper really be willing to push ALL of his chips on the table to go all in on Watson/Rhule? Because, damn... if you swing a massive trade for Watson and it doesn't end well this franchise would be truly gutted at that point.

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Actually I think a likely landing spot for watson is with the steelers.  with rapelisberger retiring they can trade one sexual offender for another and keep their fans very happy.

I can't see a smart franchise making that trade until there's a LOT more clarity to his "situation".

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I could definitely see that being attractive to Watson.  Stable organization.  Great coach.  Solid D.  Good rushing support.  

Lot's of plusses for Watson to head to Pittsburgh.  He could succeed there immediately. 

Now whether Pittsburgh is up for that, who knows ?

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't see Watson waiving his no trade clause to come here. If he wasn't willing to do it before Rhule proved to be an unmitigated disaster, I don't see why he's be willing to do it after.

It could well be the case that Carolina and a Rhule in desperation mode MIGHT be the only NFL landing field willing to give him clearance.

21 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Funny, I was just talking about that this morning.61954014-3B36-4325-93AF-E2E099D2095A.thumb.jpeg.6a9a1e5354c6d04aa686a61ec677a981.jpeg

Buyout his contract and or pay him that year and move on 

make the usual, better for Matt and better for the Panthers’ statements 

I mean this is a guy taking his offer to the giants for more money. 

If he is the hot commodity he thinks he is, well, he will have a job in no time 

Edited by raleigh-panther