• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell declares for the draft

Varking

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's really pretty simple for me. If we fire Rhule and hire an offensive minded head coach, I want Howell. If we're keeping Rhule, I want Howell to go somewhere else for his sake.

Rhule will be here next season. But it would make this coaching job more attractive to already have a young QB in place.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I don’t trust KP or MC and, to me, Willis was never a true top pick. 

I would take Pickett or Corrall ahead Howell(pending severity of Corrall's injury). Definitely not Willis.

But I have stated again and again I just don't trust any of these QB's.

I think Pickett or Corrall make the most sense for us if we are forced to take one because we can probably do the least damage to them with Matt Rhule. Howell, Willis, Ridder and the other guys with real development needed......we would fuging destroy their careers.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would take Pickett or Corrall ahead Howell(pending severity of Corrall's injury). Definitely not Willis.

But I have stated again and again I just don't trust any of these QB's.

I think Pickett or Corrall make the most sense for us if we are forced to take one because we can probably do the least damage to them with Matt Rhule. Howell, Willis, Ridder and the other guys with real development needed......we would fuging destroy their careers.

I worry Pickett is just an older dude finally playing good in college ball because he’s older than the majority of kids he’s against. His fifth year of college ball finally got him over 15 touchdown passes in a season and that concerns me.  

• Pie 6

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's really pretty simple for me. If we fire Rhule and hire an offensive minded head coach, I want Howell. If we're keeping Rhule, I want Howell to go somewhere else for his sake.

A new coach is going to want to pick their own QB and not be forced to go with Rhules leftovers

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I worry Pickett is just an older dude finally playing good in college ball because he’s older than the majority of kids he’s against. His fifth year of college ball finally got him over 15 touchdown passes in a season and that concerns me.  

He probably has the second highest floor but I agree his ceiling might be limited. But, I wasn't a big fan of Burrow or Jones either and they seem to being doing well. I would say he is in that "class" of potential starter. Maybe without the obvious intangibles edge for Burrow.

I don't think there are any of these QB's that are remotely safe choices. Hence why I keep saying late first is about when I would start looking at any of them. I realize we probably get at least two in the top 15 drafted, so we will see what happens.

• Pie 3