• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport says Rhule will be retained “barring some unforeseen circumstance”

Dorian Gray

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think there is a 3 year clause in the contract and Tep’s whole he is embarrassed article is him telling the fans this without telling the fans this. 

Not sure what breaking that clause would mean though other than money.

Regardless, Tep needs to protect 2023 picks at all costs.

Three year clause?  Or what? Tepper has to pay out the contract? Oh well, that's his problem. That amount of money is basically a rounding error for Tepper. Pony up if you care about winning.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Honestly, I’d prefer not to strap in at this point. There is a ton of avoidable problems we are deciding to run gale force into.

I’m not willing to stand by as a fan for that. Cut the loss before it becomes a greater one. This could set us back even further if we keep Rhule another year and if this is the precedent being set, I’m shut off next year. I’ve got the Hornets, Cubs, and Blackhawks. I’ve never been so no sh!ts given about this franchise and it’s been in my life for some time. 

If Rhule comes back, next year is giving me 2010 season vibes ….

2 hours ago, Dorian Gray said:

In spite of a 5-10 record and five straight losses, all indications are coach Matt Rhule will return, barring an epic meltdown on the field or some unforeseen circumstance, sources informed of Carolina's plans said. Rhule should get the chance to complete his turnaround on the field in Year 3 -- with the hope that improved QB play in 2022 helps achieve that goal.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-roundup-examining-team-coaching-questions-with-two-weeks-left-in-re

Good times.

charlton heston laughing GIF

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When Rhule struggles to get any decent OC candidate to so much as pick up the phone, maybe that'll be Tepper's wake up call? Yeah, I'm reaching.

See , that’s the problem. Rhule thinks he’s already got the OC for next season, and won’t be look for someone with NFL Experience. Another WTF 

The problem is, Rhule has done nothing to be fired for cause. Tepper is going to have to pay out a huge amount of money to fire Rhule. Urban Meyer kicked a player and probably got fired for cause. So the Jaguars might not have to pay out his contract.

If we keep seeing disparaging articles come out about Rhule and Tepper's people dig into Rhule's behavior and find something to fire him for cause, maybe we see him get fired.

But like I've said before, the biggest reason Tepper is keeping Rhule is money.