• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport says Rhule will be retained “barring some unforeseen circumstance”

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
2 hours ago, Kraybrothers said:

Will you be saying this if we sign Aaron Rodgers?

You think AARON RODGERS is going to willingly come here to play for Matt Rhule???

😂 😂 😂

Agreed, zero chance of that happening. 

Hell the Packers are the best team in football…why would Whiny Aaron leave there under any circumstances?

G-Rhule stays for year 3...um...what QB? We don't have one thanks to G-Rhule. We also don't have an OC or an OL for that matter! Watching the Panthers play on Sunday is like using a kaleidescope to pinpoint a location on a map.

If this nonsense is allowed to continue into a 3rd year, the fan base will begin emptying seats simply because this fan base has suffered long enough.

36 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The problem is, Rhule has done nothing to be fired for cause. [b]Tepper is going to have to pay out a huge amount of money to fire Rhule. [/b]Urban Meyer kicked a player and probably got fired for cause. So the Jaguars might not have to pay out his contract.

If we keep seeing disparaging articles come out about Rhule and Tepper's people dig into Rhule's behavior and find something to fire him for cause, maybe we see him get fired.

But like I've said before, the biggest reason Tepper is keeping Rhule is money.

Quite frankly, I’m sick of hearing about this. Pretty sure if you ran the numbers the buyout for Tepper would be about like us middle class folks paying $20 for some bojangles. 20 mill is nothing when you have 12 bill

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Quite frankly, I’m sick of hearing about this. Pretty sure if you ran the numbers the buyout for Tepper would be about like us middle class folks paying $20 for some bojangles. 20 mill is nothing when you have 12 bill

I bet typical fans likely spend a greater portion of their income yearly at Panthers games than it would cost Tepper to say goodbye to Rhule.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, davos said:

Honestly, I’d prefer not to strap in at this point. There is a ton of avoidable problems we are deciding to run gale force into.

I’m not willing to stand by as a fan for that. Cut the loss before it becomes a greater one. This could set us back even further if we keep Rhule another year and if this is the precedent being set, I’m shut off next year. I’ve got the Hornets, Cubs, and Blackhawks. I’ve never been so no sh!ts given about this franchise and it’s been in my life for some time. 

I'm CHI/CLT too! 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

True, but Tepper didn’t get where he was by burning piles of cash. Watch the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves, or so the saying goes 

2 hours ago, Vox said:

Remember guys noone knows what's gonna happen except for Tepper. https://www.nfl.com/news/doug-pederson-likely-to-remain-as-eagles-head-coach This was just last year and Ian reported that Doug Pederson would return as Eagles coach for 2021, however he was fired. Ian Rapoport also reported that Cam would be our starter after Matt Rhule was hired. We just gotta wait it out and see what happens at the end of the season.

True.  If I'm Dave Tepper, why make matters worse by confirming the firing of Matt Rhule when games still have to be played?  Especially, when there is no obvious replacement to close out the season.

While the situation may not look good at the moment, don't lose all hope until Black Monday.  After that, if Matt Rhule is officially retained, Panthers fans are officially cleared hot to lose their poo.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1