• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

F Darnold

NJPanthers12

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Cam put this franchise on the map

first off, nobody gives a damn what the national media or the rest of the country thinks of our team or whatever map you are talking about

secondly, the first Supper Bowl run was special, and our QB then didn't pout and embarrass our team as a sore loser on a national stage when we lost

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

14 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

This is why Tepper and Richardson were able to get away with murder here. A simple minded dumb fan base who just accept mediocrity

Definitely agree on the fan base. Your heart is in the right place but your thesis is a little off. 

9 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Cam put this franchise on the map

I love Cam as much as anyone on this board.  He definitely put us into the national spotlight after we’d been a middling, defensive team for basically our whole existence.  He did advance us into the spotlight in a way no one else had previously done.  He’s why I got into football and started loving this team as much as I do.  I was just saying we had stars before him.  Guys like Peppers and 89 deserve love.  But with the importance of being a QB, yeah Cam’s the most important.  

4 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

first off, nobody gives a damn what the national media or the rest of the country thinks of our team or whatever map you are talking about

secondly, the first Supper Bowl run was special, and our QB then didn't pout and embarrass our team as a sore loser on a national stage when we lost

I miss back when Panthers actually seemed bothered by losing.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, CRA said:

Correct. 

Cam made us nationally relevant in a manner we never had been…and brought folks outside of the Carolinas in.  

He had little kids and Grandmas dabbin', how many Darnold jerseys do you see on the streets? If you see one they're probably paired with some boat shoes 

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't think he meant that the way it came off. He was just trying to make a "we're all in this together" type of statement and said something stupid while sitting up there trying to speak for a stupid performance under a stupid coaching staff.

So Forrest was right - Stupid is, as Stupid does.

12 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Its okay for Delhomme to tank the franchise with multiple 5 int games. As long as he's aw shucks about it.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I give a damn if we are playing well enough to earn the respect from people around the country. I also had no problem with Cam being visibly upset the same night he lost the biggest game of his life. Tom Brady got shut out by the Saints during a regular season game and was seen yelling at their coaches to “go fug yourself” followed by slamming and breaking a tablet on the sidelines. Something tells me you are ok with that though…

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2