• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have to “make a true investment” in the OL

ncfan

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Agree

A lot of the people that want us to go OT in the draft are the same people who want us to get rid of Sam, but I think if we go OT in the draft that means there is a good chance, they plan on going with Sam next year.

Ppl need to accept this.. No matter what or who gets fired we're probably going with Sam next year.. When that 5 year option was picked up.. This became a 2 year experiment... Unless Fitts can turn water in to wine.. Nobody is taking Darnold off our books..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Well, we unfortunately don’t have a choice. If Marty read some of our draft threads our OL would have been vastly better.

The one thing I will say on the OL is that we haven’t really even tried to improve it. We’ve taken Little and BC before the 6th round. That’s it. I have no idea if we can’t scout OL because it sure seems like we haven’t even tried and the one guy who busted was Rivera/Hurney.

I’d say this season is proof this staff doesn’t have much of a clue though.   They put Sam Darnold behind this OL and thought they could win 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His quote sounds to me like they were not even going to select Sewell last year even if he was there.   

Jmo if Sewell was there watching the video he was everybody 1st choice.. Tepper would have probably thrown the phone at Rhule and Fitt if Sewell was there...

How happy he was when they drafted BC and he told BC that he was truly happy he was there to be drafted.. Tepper wanted Oline or Young QB and got talked out of it. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Ppl need to accept this.. No matter what or who gets fired we're probably going with Sam next year.. When that 5 year option was picked up.. This became a 2 year experiment... Unless Fitts can turn water in to wine.. Nobody is taking Darnold off our books..

If Sam sees the field next year we might as well find a new team.   Maybe you have to keep him on the books but it isn’t hard or expensive to find better than Sam. 

if Sam is the guy week 1 next year….we are the biggest joke in the NFL.  Not the Jets.  Not the Lions.  The Panthers.  It’s not hard to go in with a plan that is better than Sam. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’d say this season is proof this staff doesn’t have much of a clue though.   They put Sam Darnold behind this OL and thought they could win 

I laughed bc that's who they picked for a QB. The guy is just not a starter in the NFL.  That's why you don't  hire a low level college coach to be your NFL coach and give him the keys to the city who hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet. If you came from a dominating conferences in college and worked magic I would say maybe. But what is a  Baylor and Temple...Come on man!

Edited by Darvinsun

15 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
 If the Panthers trade back to pick up more draft choices and no blue chip left tackle is  available i want them to select:
Tyler Linderbaum*, C, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.
View Ranking History

12/11/21 Linderbaum is a very polished and well-rounded player. The 6-foot-3, 290-pounder plays with good leverage and demonstrates advanced hand placement. He is able to sink his hips to anchor against bull rushes while showing quickness and agility to adjust to speed. Linderbaum looks like a safe pick to become a quality starter in the NFL, and he could be selected in the back half of the first round if he enters the 2022 NFL Draft.

He is going top 10

Just now, CRA said:

If Sam sees the field next year we might as well find a new team.   Maybe you have to keep him on the books but it isn’t hard or expensive to find better than Sam. 

if Sam is the guy week 1 next year….we are the biggest joke in the NFL.  Not the Jets.  Not the Lions.  The Panthers.  It’s not hard to go in with a plan that is better than Sam. 

Man you can do that poo..

Good or bad I'm here.. I live CAROLINA fug everybody else until I die.. 

I'll be here every week to watch that joke play out..

But Reality is.. You're paying him 20 mil nobody else is taking him off our hands and they are already giving him built in excuses..

And at this point if Rhule keeps his job he should be forced to ride it out with Sam...

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Who?

4 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I hope we stick with Darnold (and PJ as our backup lol) if Rhule is retained for 2022.  Don't waste any more resources on QBs for this shitty staff to ruin/fail to rehab.

Exactly. Been saying this. This is the best route is for some reason he is retained, Rhule has been allowed to give away too much to find his guy. He has already made his choices. Stop fuging giving him more rope when he’s been dead on the tree for weeks.

If they do draft a QB I hope to god he sits. Rhule needs to be forced to win games with Darnold. All he is doing is hurting this franchise with his dumbass poo. No more.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Exactly. Been saying this. This is the best route is for some reason he is retained, Rhule has been allowed to give away too much to find his guy. He has already made his choices. Stop fuging giving him more rope when he’s been dead on the tree for weeks.

If they do draft a QB I hope to god he sits. Rhule needs to be forced to win games with Darnold. All he is doing is hurting this franchise with his dumbass poo. No more.

Ugh man he'll just draft Pickett and start him and run him into the ground... 

I feel like they can't let this dude decide on a third (fourth? Fifth? Depending on how you count it) qb to try to save his job.