• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have to “make a true investment” in the OL

ncfan

This horrific coach goes out of his way to insult our intelligence. Dude - you've had multiple chances at addressing this OL - ESPECIALLY in rounds 1/2/6 in the 2021 draft. But - you opted to go with two terrible players in Erving & Elflein (who stink by both the eye AND analytic test!)

It's always someone else's fault with Matt Rhule, never his or Sam Darnold. He's not a leader - he's a buffoon that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

6 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Agree

A lot of the people that want us to go OT in the draft are the same people who want us to get rid of Sam, but I think if we go OT in the draft that means there is a good chance, they plan on going with Sam next year.

Sam was always going to be here when we picked up his option. 

28 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Sam was always going to be here when we picked up his option. 

No better way for us to end up with a chance at a true franchise QB than to retain Rhule, go OL in the first this year, and start Darnold in all 17 (okay with his injury history it's gonna be more like 12) games next year.  Our new coach will have a perfect opportunity to build around a great prospect with a top 5 (maybe even top 3 if Sammy stays healthy) pick in 2023.

Alternatively kick Rhule to the curb and find another way... Which is my preference so we don't lose a year of player development.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

No better way for us to end up with a chance at a true franchise QB than to retain Rhule, go OL in the first this year, and start Darnold in all 17 (okay with his injury history it's gonna be more like 12) games next year.  Our new coach will have a perfect opportunity to build around a great prospect with a top 5 (maybe even top 3 if Sammy stays healthy) pick.

Here here!! 

Going to save me a lot of money next year too!! 

Edited by Call Me James
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Dude, we are 5-35 to finish the last four years. After that 6-2 start in 2028, we are 16-39, about to be 16-40 in 3.5 years. We are already the biggest joke because out of all the bottom tier teams, we don’t have a young QB to build around and we probably have the worst OL. We also have by far the least amount of good picks in 2022.

Whether Sam or a rookie starts next year, we aren’t going to be any better than this year. If it’s a rookie then we likely have the same OL again just with a rookie.

2022 should be the full effin rebuild we should have done in 2020. We need all the comp picks for 2023 that we can get. We need all the cap space we can roll over for when we are actually competitive and we need to select all OL in 2022 and try to be 1 or 2 spots away in the 2023 draft, not 4 spots.

From a national perspective we aren’t.  Not right now.  Lot of that has to do with Rivera.  Fox.   And what this franchise has pulled off in a short period of time vs some long standing franchises. 

we easily could be better next year.  This narrative it takes 3 or 5 years to be respectable on the field isn’t something I’m buying.  It’s the NFL.  Not college. 

If you are this big of a joke at the end of a year 2…..it’s your coaches and front office (exception for mass/key injures). Not a time constraint.   League is basically designed to be .500 and competitive (ask Tepper about that).  If you aren’t that? That’s a you problem (front office). 

Now I agree to be legit to contend….it’s takes awhile and some luck on actuallly finding a QB. 

if we simply kept Teddy and Joe Brady…..we would have been better.  Because that alone would have but this D in much better positions.  We got worse because of Matt Rhule doesn’t know poo about offense or about QB play 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Wishful thinking on your part. We bid against ourselves last year on Sam. I can't imagine anyone wants to trade for him with an inflated contract and another year of subpar QB play. 

Just take the hit.. It shouldn't even be discussed that you pay another QB to play for another team.. Especially if Rhule is still the coach..