• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen scores highest ratings of the season at LT again.

Zod

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I hope they don’t try to get cute and mix it up like this. Moton is a great RT and ok LT. I’m not a fan of drafting a RT at 6 that might be an upgrade over Moton and then playing Moton out of position. If we draft Neal he needs to be our LT and hopefully a great one. LT Neal, LG BC, RT Moton would he a good core with a FA G/C plus late rounder to compete with Brown. 

For 2 years we have played Moton out of position IMO. I don't get why we have refused to move him to LT, and with the last 2 staffs, likely no good reason at all. He played there when required against the cowboys, before in college, and said it's not a problem for him at all while he's been a Panther...... This is like Jordan Gross, play your best at LT. That's Moton right now, was Gross years ago. And it's not like a good/great RT can't LT........ Plus he is paid to be the best OL of the group and at OT. Play him over there on the left with this sorry bunch we have. It's almost like the Riverian left handed thing stuck for some dumb reason. Now if you can find a better OT, fine keep him on the right.

Reason I would pair Brown and Neal is pretty obvious: get the road graders together. Now if you really think Neal is a LT,  ready day one like slater, unlike others here, and currently better than Moton, fine, agree stick him at LT and likely Brown right beside him. Again I pair the big road graders together if I absolutely can. Maybe he is more like Sewell and just more comfortable at LT and Moton comfortable only at RT.

I get people sceptical of Brown. Same here, but right now I cannot see where he doesn't compete for a job as a road grader with any OG we have currently as they are traffic cones in pass blocking can't be different than Brown if he's another traffic cone. No way was Elf a good OG ever, and Erving is meh at best inside historically and just bad everywhere this year. Plus Jordan and Miller are really really poor as  we all have seen too many weeks in a row. So really small bar to cross for any OG. Now if we could grab Norwell back, that's another matter....

With what we currently have at QB and RB, I'd lean heavy on the running game so create/distribute the line to get a dominant aspect. Right now that's CMC, Hubbard and a running Cam, but they need a better run blasting line at the moment if they want to maximize the best part of the team. No line is going to make the QB room so great or fix dropsies or silly route combos. Might get to meh at best next year with new staff, but that QB room isn't bringing in a top 15 passing QB. So own up to it and lean on TOP and a top run game and solid D. That formula plays but it's boring football. Guess Colts, Titans, even the Pats with a rook QB, all wish they had the flashy big passing # offense instead.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-17-game-recap-new-orleans-saints-18-carolina-panthers-10

Yet in a different article, PFF specifically calls out Christensen as struggling in pass protection and giving up the most pressures (6).  I'm guessing they reviewed the tape and revised some things between the time this article was posted and the snapshot in the OP, but they were both posted on the same day (yesterday) so it still seems kinda odd to have drastically changed their opinion.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

There is no sidestep, he bolts

It would have been just a side step if his 300 pound center body didn't come flying in .1 seconds after that.. Jordan was still engaged with his man.. Elfin was flying debris like "Day after tomorrow "..

26 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-17-game-recap-new-orleans-saints-18-carolina-panthers-10

Yet in a different article, PFF specifically calls out Christensen as struggling in pass protection and giving up the most pressures (6).  I'm guessing they reviewed the tape and revised some things between the time this article was posted and the snapshot in the OP, but they were both posted on the same day (yesterday) so it still seems kinda odd to have drastically changed their opinion.

His footwork is horrendous when he is getting bullrushed.  He also did the patented greg little leg cross a couple of times on a speed rush.

32 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The PFF article you linked is the recap that PFF does right after the game, and often it changes later, they even say it's a preliminary grading.

The tweet posted in the original post I don't think was put out by PFF, it seems to me to be created by  some other people, some podcast, with scores they most likely get from having a PFF subscription.

To get game by game grades you have to have the higher level subscription to PFF so I can't verify either way.

15 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

The PFF article you linked is the recap that PFF does right after the game, and often it changes later, they even say it's a preliminary grading.

The tweet posted in the original post I don't think was put out by PFF, it seems to me to be created by  some other people, some podcast, with scores they most likely get from having a PFF subscription.

To get game by game grades you have to have the higher level subscription to PFF so I can't verify either way.

Yeah I figured it was more of an instant analysis, but again it was posted the following day, so they had actually taken some time before posting it.  But I know that doesn't necessarily mean that they went back and reviewed the tape during that delay.

I'm not sure which tweet you're referencing in the OP - Darin Gantt's?  If so, I'm not talking about that tweet at all - I'm only talking about the scores above it, which seem like they were taken directly from PFF (even has the PFF logo on the right side of the image).

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah I figured it was more of an instant analysis, but again it was posted the following day, so they had actually taken some time before posting it.  But I know that doesn't necessarily mean that they went back and reviewed the tape during that delay.

I'm not sure which tweet you're referencing in the OP - Darin Gantt's?  If so, I'm not talking about that tweet at all - I'm only talking about the scores above it, which seem like they were taken directly from PFF (even has the PFF logo on the right side of the image).

I don't think it is Gantts tweet, the scores above are from a different twitter from what I can tell, I would guess they were probably taken from PFF, but I don't think PFF generated the actual graphic, the logo is to give them credit I think.

The article from PFF is probably the preliminary grading, the grade in the graphic is probably the final grade that this PNP panther site pulled from having a subscription, but that is just my guess.

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I don't think it is Gantts tweet, the scores above are from a different twitter from what I can tell, I would guess they were probably taken from PFF, but I don't think PFF generated the actual graphic, the logo is to give them credit I think.

The article from PFF is probably the preliminary grading, the grade in the graphic is probably the final grade that this PNP panther site pulled from having a subscription, but that is just my guess.

Lol I think we're talking past each other.  I'm trying to say that I don't care about the tweet itself (or who made it), or the graphic. I was just concerned solely with the scores used in the tweet/graphic, which I think we both agree are coming from PFF's grading system.  I just saw your "Best and Worst PFF from Sunday" thread and even in there, the article mentions Christensen's 77.3 pass blocking grade so I think it's clear that the grades in the tweet are coming from PFF themselves.

I agree with your second point though, that PFF just modified their original grading after reviewing the tape.

Irrespective of PFF’s grading methodology, if you step back and look at BC’s overall performance, he looked raw but credible as a starting LT, which is all you can ask from a third round draft pick in his first season.  

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1